LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15
  1. #1
    Banned kringles's Avatar
    Member #
    29284
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    18
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

    Should I Buy A Wii HD Link????

    i dont have an HDTV....i play my Wii on my 56" big screen,i just wanna know if i buy the link will my games appear in HD quality or wud i have bought this for no reason?

  2. #2
    WiiChat Member paintba||er's Avatar
    Member #
    1665
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Mormonville, Utah XBL GamerTag: sheise PSNID: sheise
    Posts
    3,417
    Friends
    1
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8354-0173-2009-5422
    No, you can't see HD on a non HDTV. The Wii isn't HD anyway.
    ++++++[>++++++++++<-]>+.<+++[>++++<-]>+.<+++++[>+++++++<-]>++.++++.<+++[>---<-]>--.<+++++[>----------<-]>--------.<+++++++++++++[>++<-]>.<+++++[>+++++<-]>.<++++[>++++<-]>+..<++[>----<-]>-.<++[>+++++<-]>.

  3. #3
    Moderator FR.'s Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    17282
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    2,244
    Friends
    3
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    4253-4708-4555-0363
    If you want great graphics with an HDTV, then get a PS3 or 360. They look great in HD. Wii on an HDTV will not make a difference. HD is better for television.
    2008 Jaguar XKR Portfolio

    WiiChat Auto Enthusiast

    Forum Moderator - [PM]

  4. #4
    WiiChat Member paintba||er's Avatar
    Member #
    1665
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Mormonville, Utah XBL GamerTag: sheise PSNID: sheise
    Posts
    3,417
    Friends
    1
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8354-0173-2009-5422
    Quote Originally Posted by FR.
    If you want great graphics with an HDTV, then get a PS3 or 360. They look great in HD. Wii on an HDTV will not make a difference. HD is better for television.
    He said he doesn't even have a HDTV though...
    ++++++[>++++++++++<-]>+.<+++[>++++<-]>+.<+++++[>+++++++<-]>++.++++.<+++[>---<-]>--.<+++++[>----------<-]>--------.<+++++++++++++[>++<-]>.<+++++[>+++++<-]>.<++++[>++++<-]>+..<++[>----<-]>-.<++[>+++++<-]>.

  5. #5
    ₪ ۩ ₪ vagrant's Avatar
    Member #
    2707
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa
    Posts
    3,249
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8573-5327-9660-0097
    Quote Originally Posted by FR.
    If you want great graphics with an HDTV, then get a PS3 or 360. They look great in HD. Wii on an HDTV will not make a difference. HD is better for television.
    HD isn't that great for television. Not only do you need some sort of High Def digital box from your cable company, but not all that many channels display in high def.

    Dreamcast Fan Fo Lyfe

  6. #6
    WiiChat Member AZ_Wii_Tard's Avatar
    Member #
    19726
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Chandler, AZ
    Posts
    358
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    5976-8685-8380-4889
    Quote Originally Posted by vagrant
    HD isn't that great for television. Not only do you need some sort of High Def digital box from your cable company, but not all that many channels display in high def.
    Well no $hit caption obvious. And how can you say it's not that great? Do you have it? You shall receive the Wii Chat Idiot Statement of the day.

    All you need is your Cable companies HD Box and pay their monthly fee. I will take all 30 of my HD Channels any day of the week over any Non HD channel. You can also receive HD channels through a special HD antenna for free if your HDTV has a built in tuner. My HD Channels display in 720P or 1080i Depending what program I am watching. All other channels are in 480P.
    Nintendo Support Help

    -No External Links

  7. #7
    WiiChat Member Rosbaughcr's Avatar
    Member #
    21689
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    149
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    7466-2556-3307-9977
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ_Wii_Tard
    Well no $hit caption obvious. And how can you say it's not that great? Do you have it? You shall receive the Wii Chat Idiot Statement of the day.

    All you need is your Cable companies HD Box and pay their monthly fee. I will take all 30 of my HD Channels any day of the week over any Non HD channel. You can also receive HD channels through a special HD antenna for free if your HDTV has a built in tuner. My HD Channels display in 720P or 1080i Depending what program I am watching. All other channels are in 480P.
    proofread before calling someone an idiot

  8. #8
    ₪ ۩ ₪ vagrant's Avatar
    Member #
    2707
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa
    Posts
    3,249
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8573-5327-9660-0097
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ_Wii_Tard
    Well no $hit caption obvious. And how can you say it's not that great? Do you have it? You shall receive the Wii Chat Idiot Statement of the day.

    All you need is your Cable companies HD Box and pay their monthly fee. I will take all 30 of my HD Channels any day of the week over any Non HD channel. You can also receive HD channels through a special HD antenna for free if your HDTV has a built in tuner. My HD Channels display in 720P or 1080i Depending what program I am watching. All other channels are in 480P.
    Actually "Caption" obvious I do have a Digital HD box. And the amount is costs is very much so not worth it. The only thing I actually give a shit about in high def on television is sporting events.

    And it is pretty much a general census that HD television is pretty useless at the moment until HD becomes the standard.

    Dreamcast Fan Fo Lyfe

  9. #9
    WiiChat Member AZ_Wii_Tard's Avatar
    Member #
    19726
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Chandler, AZ
    Posts
    358
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    5976-8685-8380-4889
    to each their on i guess. What kind of price is your cable company charging you? If you think it's so worthless why do you have an HDTV and HD box? Flip Flopper
    Nintendo Support Help

    -No External Links

  10. #10
    ₪ ۩ ₪ vagrant's Avatar
    Member #
    2707
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa
    Posts
    3,249
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8573-5327-9660-0097
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ_Wii_Tard
    to each their on i guess. What kind of price is your cable company charging you? If you think it's so worthless why do you have an HDTV and HD box? Flip Flopper
    I have an HDTV because I wanted a big tv and it happened to be High Def. I have an HD box because I said "well hey I have an HDTV might as well get the HD digital cable box."

    I pay $10 extra for 5 crappy hd channels and two hd espn channels. And then like another $25 for like 15 more crappy hd channels. And I don't know the difference in price between the standard digital cable service and the HDTV box service

    How is that flip flopping in any way exactly?
    Last edited by vagrant; 07-12-2007 at 02:55 PM.

    Dreamcast Fan Fo Lyfe

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Search tags for this page

should i buy hd channels?

Click on a term to search for related topics.