Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8573-5327-9660-0097
    Quote Originally Posted by Squall7
    1. At least it would seem a little bulkier.
    2. I didn't claim that it was anything like it, I was merely saying that it's more like it that then a pistol.
    3. I don't know much about real firearms. I don't really care. As far as I'm cocerned, I hope I never need to. Computer game ones will do for me just dandily.
    Bulky or not I am sure it weighs hardly anything.

Dreamcast Fan Fo Lyfe

Member #
    Friends
    8420-0141-9022-6948
    Quote Originally Posted by vagrant
    Bulky or not I am sure it weighs hardly anything.
    True. Though it should be good with rumble too, at least then it would actually have a form of recoil, even if it can't puch backwards.

Although, to be fair, I'm sure your arms would begin to hurt if it were the weight of a real weapon, at least for anyone that doesn't already have training in weapons.

Mail me if you want to add me on either the Wii or the 360.

Member #
    Friends
    2516-2980-0622-0754
    Quote Originally Posted by Squall7
    1. At least it would seem a little bulkier.
    No, adding a small amount of light plastic isn't going to change much for an already small amount of light plastic.

2. I didn't claim that it was anything like it, I was merely saying that it's more like it that then a pistol.
    But not enough like it to warrant favoring one over the other. You're going to be using more than one weapon type anyway, so modeling the Zapper after any particular weapon type is not going to enhance realism.

3. I don't know much about real firearms. I don't really care. As far as I'm cocerned, I hope I never need to. Computer game ones will do for me just dandily.
    You're the one who's complaining about how a pistol wouldn't feel like a shotgun. If you're going to make that complaint, you might as well be aware that an SMG isn't going to feel much more like one than a pistol.

You're making a silly argument anyway. What if they modeled the Zapper after a rifle? Then you would complain because you wouldn't "feel right" shooting a pistol on-screen with something that resembles a rifle.

Member #
    Friends
    0415-6074-8999-8552
    u guys are complaining about something that isnt even a big deal

lets be mature here and end the rant about the zapper, and rant about something else useless =]=]
    Wii all need Wii's!
    Games I Have-

Call Of Duty 3,
    Zelda: TP,
    Tiger Woods 07, and
    NFS: Carbon

Member #
    Friends
    8420-0141-9022-6948
    Quote Originally Posted by Wade
    No, adding a small amount of light plastic isn't going to change much for an already small amount of light plastic.
    Meh. Well, I like the size of it, and the idea of using two hands on the gun (in different places) seems to me like it would be easier to control.

But not enough like it to warrant favoring one over the other. You're going to be using more than one weapon type anyway, so modeling the Zapper after any particular weapon type is not going to enhance realism.
    Once again, Meh. Just stating my opinion, that it always seemed somehow "lacking" when I used the pistol to shoot a shotgun or machinegun.

You're the one who's complaining about how a pistol wouldn't feel like a shotgun. If you're going to make that complaint, you might as well be aware that an SMG isn't going to feel much more like one than a pistol.
    I'm not making a "complaint" as such. If anything everyone else is complaining cos they have another shell on the market - as though it's neccessary to buy the thing before you can play it!? I'm just saying that I like the idea and that it seems more, signifcant in a way.

You're making a silly argument anyway.
    By stating and defending my opinion? Sorry if you don't see things as I do...
    In the end, nothing will come out of an "arguement", we won't actually effect what Nintendo does (on a personal level), so I see no point in seeing as anything else than my opinion.

What if they modeled the Zapper after a rifle? Then you would complain because you wouldn't "feel right" shooting a pistol on-screen with something that resembles a rifle.
    I don't understand where this hostility is coming from. From what I've seen of the zapper, it is possible to hold it single handed (and light enough) to be a pistol. It has the length that it could be a shotgun (or at least a possible sawn off shotgun). It has the dual handles which could make it feel as a machine gun. In my opinion it might make things more fun (note the non-commitment), but if you want to dismiss it without even trying it, then meh.

Member #
    Friends
    8573-5327-9660-0097
    If you hold the zapper with 1 hand you can't use the analog on the nunchuck. Which really shouldn't be much of a problem for RE: UC

Dreamcast Fan Fo Lyfe

Member #
    Friends
    8420-0141-9022-6948
    Quote Originally Posted by vagrant
    If you hold the zapper with 1 hand you can't use the analog on the nunchuck. Which really shouldn't be much of a problem for RE: UC
    Nor for Ghost Squad. I'm quite looking forward to it - LAN and internet 4 player on rails shooter (for which the zapper is pretty much intended for in my opinion).

Member #
    Friends
    2516-2980-0622-0754
    Alright, whatever, maybe it gives you a sense of realism with a wide array of weapons. I don't really see how you might feel like you're handling a shotgun when you're holding a light piece of plastic that resembles an SMG, but I guess that's just great for you, eh?

Member #
    Friends
    0415-6074-8999-8552
    babbling brooks
    Wii all need Wii's!
    Games I Have-

Call Of Duty 3,
    Zelda: TP,
    Tiger Woods 07, and
    NFS: Carbon

Member #
    Friends
    I have a feeling that more and more Wii games will begin having multiple sets of controls just like Super Smash Bros. BRAWL will. On SSBB you can use Wiimote, Mote/Chuck, Gamecube, or Classic and they all work fine. Just like i'm sure you will be able to play Mario Kart Wii without the wheel.

I personally like this idea. It means I can play my Wii even if I'm tired of standing up all day...all I have to do is change control styles and sit down and have a good time playing my favorite game.
    Xbox live tag: Terrador

Ads