Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8407-4245-3370-0256

Attachment Rants

OK guys I did a quick search and didnt find a thread for this, This is a thread to rant about all of the extra crap we gonna have to get to enjoy our wii games, I mean there are hundreds of attachments starting with the nunchucks,classic controllers and the Wii fit board. then theres packs like the sports pack,the wiiplay acc. pack, the wii zapper, the third party gun attachments,wheel attachments, and soon Mic attachments and probly headsets and keyboards. Who really wants a house full of plastic attachments that you have to change after every game?
    All of this compared to other consoles where you have a wheel and pedal set, a light gun and a keyboard and headset and maybe a Mic or guitar for spec.games...no where near the amount of crap we have...

anyway thats my rant, feel free to add to it as im sure im not the only one who despises this and the price that comes with it.

Yeah OK So I Guess Im Back...
    So What...?
    WANNA FIGHT ABOUT IT?
    Can you See It...?

www.ultiforums.tk

Member #
    Friends
    8573-5327-9660-0097
    You don't have to buy them.

I could give a **** less what dumbass accessories they make as long as I am not required to purchase them. You should see all the goofy shit they have in Japan for any video game console.

Dreamcast Fan Fo Lyfe

Member #
    Friends
    8407-4245-3370-0256
    Quote Originally Posted by vagrant
    You don't have to buy them.

I could give a **** less what dumbass accessories they make as long as I am not required to purchase them. You should see all the goofy shit they have in Japan for any video game console.
    yeah i agree, but some games i.e. MoH2 is going to be designed mostly around the zapper which might make play without it awkward, its things like this that do require us to buy it just so we can enjoy the same experience

So What...?
    WANNA FIGHT ABOUT IT?
    Can you See It...?

www.ultiforums.tk

Member #
    Friends
    8573-5327-9660-0097
    How would playing MoH with or without the zapper be any different? The only pointing device is on the end of the wiimote. Doesn't matter where the nunchuck is.

Dreamcast Fan Fo Lyfe

Member #
    Friends
    8407-4245-3370-0256
    Quote Originally Posted by vagrant
    How would playing MoH with or without the zapper be any different? The only pointing device is on the end of the wiimote. Doesn't matter where the nunchuck is.
    apparently its going to have a complete different controller setup for the zapper, different movements and actions and also slightly different button config.

So What...?
    WANNA FIGHT ABOUT IT?
    Can you See It...?

www.ultiforums.tk

Member #
    Friends
    2516-2980-0622-0754
    Quote Originally Posted by Almo
    apparently its going to have a complete different controller setup for the zapper, different movements and actions and also slightly different button config.
    Why don't you stop complaining and wait until you know what you're talking about?

In the interview they said they were going to do a seperate control scheme for the Zapper. Meaning you can also play without it.

Member #
    Friends
    7466-2556-3307-9977
    That E3 interview specifically stated that using the "mote and chuck" style would be viable.

Member #
    Friends
    8420-0141-9022-6948
    Quote Originally Posted by Almo
    OK guys I did a quick search and didnt find a thread for this, This is a thread to rant about all of the extra crap we gonna have to get to enjoy our wii games, I mean there are hundreds of attachments starting with the nunchucks,classic controllers and the Wii fit board. then theres packs like the sports pack,the wiiplay acc. pack, the wii zapper, the third party gun attachments,wheel attachments, and soon Mic attachments and probly headsets and keyboards. Who really wants a house full of plastic attachments that you have to change after every game?
    All of this compared to other consoles where you have a wheel and pedal set, a light gun and a keyboard and headset and maybe a Mic or guitar for spec.games...no where near the amount of crap we have...

anyway thats my rant, feel free to add to it as im sure im not the only one who despises this and the price that comes with it.
    I like the look of the zapper, personally. It's the not too far from the cool arcade style ones, that use shotguns or machine guns. Personally, I like the idea of pointing and shooting with two hands on the gun, rather than shooting everything with a single hand - shotguns (full sized ones), won't really be all that great shooting from a pistol.

The Wii board does look pretty good, considering it will also allow for an extra dimension of control. The steering wheel may prove useful (possibly). The rest, I don't think I'll personally use, but then complaining about it when I wouldn't use it anyway, is a little redundant.

Mail me if you want to add me on either the Wii or the 360.

Member #
    Friends
    2516-2980-0622-0754
    Quote Originally Posted by Squall7
    I like the look of the zapper, personally. It's the not too far from the cool arcade style ones, that use shotguns or machine guns. Personally, I like the idea of pointing and shooting with two hands on the gun, rather than shooting everything with a single hand - shotguns (full sized ones), won't really be all that great shooting from a pistol.
    I'm sure shooting a shotgun on screen by holding an attachment that resembles a submachine gun will feel no more awkward than a pistol attachment. If you think holding the Zapper feels anything like a full sized shotgun, you probably don't know anything about real firearms.

Member #
    Friends
    8420-0141-9022-6948
    Quote Originally Posted by Wade
    I'm sure shooting a shotgun on screen by holding an attachment that resembles a submachine gun will feel no more awkward than a pistol attachment. If you think holding the Zapper feels anything like a full sized shotgun, you probably don't know anything about real firearms.
    1. At least it would seem a little bulkier.
    2. I didn't claim that it was anything like it, I was merely saying that it's more like it that then a pistol.
    3. I don't know much about real firearms. I don't really care. As far as I'm cocerned, I hope I never need to. Computer game ones will do for me just dandily.

Mail me if you want to add me on either the Wii or the 360.

Ads