Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    4321-6357-3465-0639
    Quote Originally Posted by iceblade
    I'm talking about a projector setup where you can't put the sensor bar directly below the screen but it has to be some distance, let's say 20cm below the projection screen. Then you have to aim lower, so I'm asking for a settiing to compensate for this distance

Well the idea is for them to include this setting in a future firmware update
    Just make a little shelf right under the projector screen

My Wii Games: Red Steel, Excite Truck, Call of Duty 3, Need For Speed Carbon.

Member #
    Mormonville, Utah XBL GamerTag: sheise PSNID: sheise
    Friends
    8354-0173-2009-5422
    I wish there was some kind of adjustment so that you can adjust it to be more accurate depending on your TV size and stuff. Its not that big of a deal though.
    ++++++[>++++++++++<-]>+.<+++[>++++<-]>+.<+++++[>+++++++<-]>++.++++.<+++[>---<-]>--.<+++++[>----------<-]>--------.<+++++++++++++[>++<-]>.<+++++[>+++++<-]>.<++++[>++++<-]>+..<++[>----<-]>-.<++[>+++++<-]>.

Member #
    Friends
    I don't have a big deal with it it, but I have to angle my sensor bar to pick up the movements correctly.

Consoles:
    • Nintento Wii
      Microsoft XBOX 360
    Computers:
    | AMD Athlon 64 3000+ @ 2.0GHz | MSI MS-7145 ATI SB400 Chipset | 2GB Ultra XL PC3200 DDR | ATI Radeon X700 PRO 256MB DDR PCI-E | 80GB Samsung 7200RPM HD | Windows XP Pro |
    |Intel Centrino Core 2 Duo T7200 @ 2.0GHz | 2GB PC5300 DDR 2 | GeForce Go 7900 GS 256MB GDDR3 | 200GB HD | Double-layer DVD±RW/CD-RW | Windows Vista Home Premium |

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by vagrant
    Anything that uses IR is going to have range issues. As far as the height goes. Get a wireless sensor bar and a piece of masking tape.
    +1
    Just tape the sensor bar on the bottom of the projector screen.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by qwertyasdf
    +1
    Just tape the sensor bar on the bottom of the projector screen.
    Projection screen is far away from where I'm playing (8m) and i projector on a wall. I need to place it somewhere in the middle but at a height lower than directly below the screen

Member #
    Friends
    I play it on a projector last night with an 80" image. I put the wireless sensor bar a few feet in front of the screen. When I set up my home theater in the basement, I'll drop down 2 groups of IR LED from the ceiling.
    If you are making your own sensor bar, you can put more IR LEDs on each side and put the two groups farther apart on top (or bottom) of your projector screen to provide sufficient signal to be detected at a distance.

Member #
    Friends
    I know what you're talking about iceblade. I too use a PJ setup at home using an InFocus 4805 projecting onto a custom made 90" diagnonal black out cloth screen. Depending on the height of the screen, you can somewhat improve the situation by telling the wii the bar is in the opposite spot. If the bottom of the screen is above eye level and you can get the sensor bar on the bottom of the screen at that level, then tell the Wii the sensor bar is on top of the TV. It takes some getting used to initially but it feels find after awhile.

I guess I'm used to it now but I have my sensor bar below the TV. My screen hangs on our entertainment center and the sensor bar is still visible below the screen, I can use the same settings for the TV as I can for the large screen. I haven't had any problems with this setup myself. Do you have pics of your setup?

Member #
    Friends
    8573-5327-9660-0097
    If you are using a projector far away then you will have to have some sort of stand placing it between the screen and you.

There is no getting around that. I fail to see how "adjusting the distance" in your situation would even be possible.

Dreamcast Fan Fo Lyfe

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by mym6
    I know what you're talking about iceblade. I too use a PJ setup at home using an InFocus 4805 projecting onto a custom made 90" diagnonal black out cloth screen. Depending on the height of the screen, you can somewhat improve the situation by telling the wii the bar is in the opposite spot. If the bottom of the screen is above eye level and you can get the sensor bar on the bottom of the screen at that level, then tell the Wii the sensor bar is on top of the TV. It takes some getting used to initially but it feels find after awhile.

I guess I'm used to it now but I have my sensor bar below the TV. My screen hangs on our entertainment center and the sensor bar is still visible below the screen, I can use the same settings for the TV as I can for the large screen. I haven't had any problems with this setup myself. Do you have pics of your setup?
    I would post photos but I don't think it would help. I'm now actually thinking of constructing two IR sources that would be set much further apart than the original sensor bar and placed on a table in front of my projection screen. Do you think this will improve the triangulation? However there really should be a sensor bar offset custom setting in the wii settings.
    Quote Originally Posted by vagrant
    If you are using a projector far away then you will have to have some sort of stand placing it between the screen and you.
    There is no getting around that. I fail to see how "adjusting the distance" in your situation would even be possible.
    The problem is that the height of this stand isn't adjustable and is 20cm below the lowest part of the screen. That's why I'm talking about a sensor bar offset compensation setting
    Last edited by iceblade; 07-16-2007 at 03:50 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    8573-5327-9660-0097
    Quote Originally Posted by iceblade

The problem is that the height of this stand isn't adjustable and is 20cm below the lowest part of the screen. That's why I'm talking about a sensor bar offset compensation setting
    It's infrared, you can't just adjust triangulation. If it is sitting significantly lower than where you are holding the wiimote, there is nothing you can do about it. Unless you tilt the sensor bar and aim down with the wiimote for everything you do.

Dreamcast Fan Fo Lyfe

Ads