LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    I've ordered a 20pk IR LEDs and I am going to make 2 self standing IR lamps that I can place them in any distance.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by vagrant
    It's infrared, you can't just adjust triangulation. If it is sitting significantly lower than where you are holding the wiimote, there is nothing you can do about it. Unless you tilt the sensor bar and aim down with the wiimote for everything you do.
    Correct but I think small offsets in height could be corrected with software settings
    Quote Originally Posted by billcsho
    I've ordered a 20pk IR LEDs and I am going to make 2 self standing IR lamps that I can place them in any distance.
    Cool! If you get it to work please report your results in this thread

Member #
    Friends
    8573-5327-9660-0097
    Quote Originally Posted by iceblade
    Correct but I think small offsets in height could be corrected with software settings
    but if it is a small offset...why don't you just grab a book or something to set it on?

Dreamcast Fan Fo Lyfe

Member #
    Friends
    but if it is a small offset...why don't you just grab a book or something to set it on?
    If I put it higher it blocks the projector light. If I move it farther--> range issues. And I think it's kinda missing the point having to adjust my whole house for a damn sensor bar

Member #
    Friends
    If I put it higher it blocks the projector light. If I move it farther--> range issues. And I think it's kinda missing the point having to adjust my whole house for a damn sensor bar
    Yea, you shouldn't need to setup something hokey to make it work. Is your screen acoustically transparent? You might be able to put the sensor bar behind the screen if it is.

EDIT: Interesting that putting it higher would block the PJ's image. Are you *sure* you have the settings right in the menus? It's obviously not 1:1 but it shouldn't feel that awkward.
    Last edited by mym6; 07-16-2007 at 03:22 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    8573-5327-9660-0097
    If it blocks the projector light, and is too low, then all you should have to do is move it back and it should work fine.

And I think you are missing the point. Part of having a projector is adjusting your whole damn house.

Dreamcast Fan Fo Lyfe

Member #
    Friends
    If it blocks the projector light, and is too low, then all you should have to do is move it back and it should work fine.

And I think you are missing the point. Part of having a projector is adjusting your whole damn house.
    a) Which part of "If I move it farther--> range issues" you didn't get?
    b) The house is perfectly adjusted for the projector . The problems are problems of th eplacement of the sensor bar of the Wii. I won't have to readjust my whole setup just for the wii sensor bar. That's why the title of the topic is "flexibility in sensor bar placement"
    For the third time:
    a) If I put the sensor bar directly below the projection image (which is projected on the wall) I have range issues because image is ~at 8m and no sensor bar works well at this range
    b) If I put the sensor bar closer at where I'm standing I have to put it at a lower height because it blocks the projection beam.
    Last edited by iceblade; 07-16-2007 at 05:48 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    8573-5327-9660-0097
    Which part of "If I move it farther--> range issues" you didn't get?
    You need pictures, because I have no idea how it could be blocking the projector when it is just close enough for the IR.

Dreamcast Fan Fo Lyfe

Member #
    Friends
    You need pictures, because I have no idea how it could be blocking the projector when it is just close enough for the IR.
    Fair enough, sorry for that. Just imagine the sensor bar moving from directly below the projection screen towards the projector constant height. Eventually it will get in the way of the beam. You want to lower the height of the sensor bar so it wont get in the way of the beam and that's where you have offset issues.
    If the two IR sources billcho suggested have good range this would be a nice solution for me
    Last edited by iceblade; 07-16-2007 at 05:52 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    I'm with vagrant with this. Is your PJ table or ceiling mounted? If it's table top then I'm not sure what you can do to have the sensor bar closer and not in the way. You'd have to find away to get it above the screen, which won't be practical.

Ads