Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8745-5143-2651-5351
    Quote Originally Posted by billcsho
    There are a couple problem with putting the IR on the 2 sides of the TV. First, in the Setting menu, you only have the options to put it either above or below TV.
    If you're reason for putting it there in the first place is that the "calibration" in Wii settings doesn't achieve accuracy, then you calibrate by moving the IR sources. That's not a problem, it's a solution.

I tell my Wii that the sensor bar is underneath the TV, and I put it on top. Partly because I love pulling one over on Revie, and partly because that just plays more comfortably to me.

MOHH2: AoW fortunz
    xfire: fortunzfavor

I am mianmini at IGN. fortunzfavor [at] netzero [dot] net

Member #
    Friends
    It is better to put the sensor bar closer to your arm level that the IR image would be placed in the center of the calibration image when you are holding the WiiMote the way you like, disregarding it being on the top or bottom of the screen. That would allow the detection of maximal movement.
    Last edited by billcsho; 08-07-2007 at 09:48 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    Ok, thx for the feedback. I think I'll just leave it as-is. It seems to work fine. I have noticed, though, that when the batteries in the Wiimote are "fresh" everything seems to be crisper, sharper, more accurate, etc. than when they are about to get a "warning" message from the console. When the batteries are 2/3 gone, I get the "move closer" message from wii sports occasionally but with fresh batteries, I'm good to go. I just bought a Nyko charger base with rechargeable batteries so I'm hoping now that I'll always be "fresh" since I really don't ever play for more than a couple of hours at a time.

Member #
    Friends
    Personally, I think those WiiMote chargers are just waste of money. The battery capacity is actually lower than my NiMH AA batteries and there are several reports of killing the WiiMote. Well, at least it is not the Nyko one, so you should feel better.

Member #
    Friends
    8745-5143-2651-5351
    I buy my energizer rechargables, 2500mah. I have to take them out to recharge them, but the battery life is decent.

I worry about whether Nyko et al were using a circuit to prevent overcharging. That would suck if they didn't

MOHH2: AoW fortunz
    xfire: fortunzfavor

I am mianmini at IGN. fortunzfavor [at] netzero [dot] net

Member #
    Friends
    Is the battery always warm? It does not say clearly on their web site, but there is at least one user saying the Nyko charge station does stop when the battery is full.

rrg
    Member #
    Friends
    The problem with the chargers is they only do a set amount of time to charge, then they go into a trickle charge no matter what the battery level is at. Those chargers cost around $10-$20 for a universal type charger. I suspect most Wii chargers are this type. That is why they get hot/warm when you put them back on charge not fully discharged.

The correct ones are Intelligent microprocessor controlled and sense the battery level and charge accordingly. They cost $40 or more for a battery charger.

my2cents.
    Last edited by rrg; 08-09-2007 at 10:53 AM.

Member #
    Friends
    It is going off topic here. But there is another reason I don't like those WiiMote charger which is the standby mode energy consumption. Most of time the WiiMote is sitting on the charge station in standby mode which still consumes a lot of energy. While using a regular battery charger, the energy consumption goes down when there is no battery in it. Of course, it would be even better to unplug the charger when it is not in used. One can also set a timer to cut off power in 15-60minutes if you have a rapid charger.
    See the figures on page 24-32 of this document. You will be surprised that over 90% of the energy cost was wasted in standby mode.
    Last edited by billcsho; 08-09-2007 at 12:04 PM.

!SUPERMOD! *blu mushroom* mk_south_london's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    7195-7874-4951-1917
    not meaning to be a bother but can u tell me like the conclusion and results in like simplified. I cant understand

YOU SUCK^^^^

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by mk_south_london
    not meaning to be a bother but can u tell me like the conclusion and results in like simplified. I cant understand
    When you are playing any game that requires pointing at the screen, there is a limit of ~8-10ft from the sensor bar. This is due to the spatial resolution of the 2 IR signal at 8" apart inside the sensor bar. By separating the 2 IR signal sources, you can extend the effective pointing distance.

Ads