LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by PumaYaYa
    It can be modded, but only by someone that knows that they're doing. Like I said, the solder contacts are removed on your wii, and must be soldered directly onto an IC chip. This is what makes it so difficult, because if you somehow mess up that IC, your wii is f*****. I don't know of any alternative to modchips (i.e. boot discs, sd hacks). But I'm sure someone will find a way.
    Not necessarily true ^

If deftoneru has a D2C chipset (PAL regions only), then there is no method currently to mod it. If he has a D2B with cut IC legs, then it is a bit harder, but I recommend going to www.teammodders.com. They will mod the Wii's with cut legs for $55.

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    TheDarknes is right. There is a PAL region Wii that simply cannot be modded right now, with any chip. But if you're in the USA or other region - then you should be fine to get it modded, as long as someone can do it.

I have modded 10 of the new wii's without any hitch... Though I do have to say that with the pins removed from the IC, it is quite a job. I spend over 45 minutes on each install when it comes to those versions of the Wii.
    ===========================
    Pimped Wii Console in Chrome Case
    WiiKey Mod Chip - Bought From
    -No External Links
    Xbox 360 (Yes.. I do play it ;-) )

Member #
    Friends
    As a side note... And I'm not pushing one website over another, but the place I get my wii mod chips actually sells them with a WIRE KIT, which means that you're not forced to use the quick solder pads (and you can NOT use them on the new wii's) and can use wires to install it instead.

The wires they send are thin and flexible... So installing it is a "breeze" with those wires - compared to what I was using before... you can check it out.

http://www.ps2cover.com/nintendo-wii...p-wiikey.shtml
    ===========================
    Pimped Wii Console in Chrome Case
    WiiKey Mod Chip - Bought From
    -No External Links
    Xbox 360 (Yes.. I do play it ;-) )

Ads