Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Mormonville, Utah XBL GamerTag: sheise PSNID: sheise
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8354-0173-2009-5422
    Well, if thats what you mean then it is pretty obvious why. Because it is cheaper. They make money on the consoles rather than losing it like Sony and MS do, and the price is a huge reason that they are selling so well. If the Wii was $600 then they would lose the non gamers (most of their sales) and they would have much more competition from the other consoles. A lot of Wii owners would have bought a 360 or PS3 instead if they were the same price, and the Wii would be selling just like the GC did.

Quote Originally Posted by LilWiiWii
    Yeah I was disappointed at first because I already had the 360 a while before the wii came about. But I gotta tell ya, the graphics didn't come off as 'bad' as I thought, I actually forgot about the graphics and was more focused on the motion controls. Its not the graphics for me in the wii.. Its the games and the way you play them. If I want graphics, I turn on my PS3. But actually I love my wii a lot more its an amazing system, there are no flaws, its a perfect machine down to the name of it. 'Wii'

I LMAO at that. The Wii is very, very far from flawless. And the name...I want to know what they were smoking when they thought that up......
    ++++++[>++++++++++<-]>+.<+++[>++++<-]>+.<+++++[>+++++++<-]>++.++++.<+++[>---<-]>--.<+++++[>----------<-]>--------.<+++++++++++++[>++<-]>.<+++++[>+++++<-]>.<++++[>++++<-]>+..<++[>----<-]>-.<++[>+++++<-]>.

Member #
    Friends
    Haha i lol'd at "no flaws" aswell..

Anyways, If you want the most gameplay you can get and graphics play xbox live. Because with xbox live you can play games that are on the wii but online and i think online gives games the best gameplay you can get. I still play Socom online more than i play my wii.

Member #
    Friends
    I think the main reason that Nintendo opted to go with a less-than-current graphical console because they needed to try something new. The Gamecube, which had superior graphics to the PS2, still came in last place. Clearly graphics were not going to sell consoles for them so they had to think of something new. The Wii Remote and the barely better than last generation hardware brought in both hardcore gamers who wanted to try a new method of playing games and the casual/non-gamers who thought it was a good entry price for the fun you can get out of it.

Member #
    Friends
    5701-4561-7633-7008
    i jsut posted a bunch of online games coming out for the wii...weren't you the one who responded to it?..oh well
    maybe not so just in case i'll post them again

bwii, ssbb, madden(non-exclusive), mario kart, moh, i think no more heroes but im' not sure

and msc and pokemon are already out.....madden comes out in like two weeks

the mario that's roomed with mush
    my wii is not connected to the internet, so i can't play brawl online for a bit....please do not spam inbox with friend code requests

Member #
    Friends
    Yeah, i know, but for all the people in a rush. I mean once mario kart comes out online that will be the best gameplay game out there. Racing others using the wiimotes tilt online.

Member #
    Friends
    5701-4561-7633-7008
    yeah it'll be pretty kick-ass in theory

the mario that's roomed with mush
    my wii is not connected to the internet, so i can't play brawl online for a bit....please do not spam inbox with friend code requests

Member #
    Friends
    And what happend to my response was it deleted :S or am i just stupid and it was on another part of the forum

Member #
    Friends
    3099-0319-5478-2979
    Quote Originally Posted by paintba||er
    Well, if thats what you mean then it is pretty obvious why. Because it is cheaper. They make money on the consoles rather than losing it like Sony and MS do, and the price is a huge reason that they are selling so well. If the Wii was $600 then they would lose the non gamers (most of their sales) and they would have much more competition from the other consoles. A lot of Wii owners would have bought a 360 or PS3 instead if they were the same price, and the Wii would be selling just like the GC did.

I LMAO at that. The Wii is very, very far from flawless. And the name...I want to know what they were smoking when they thought that up......
    Thats not true at all.
    They wouldn't have bought it instead because the Wii is a great system for no-gamers. Notice all the games out for it now that appeal to non-gamers that you always complain about. Wii has more non-gamer games than 360 and Ps3, and people also wanted to try out the Wii's control's. The pick up and play aspect of the Wii is what makes it appealing to non-gamers. If anything they would pick up a Wii and 360 or vice versa, or maybe even all three if they had the money.

And the Wii was simply named "Wii" because it was easy to pronounce in Japan, much easier than Revolution was anyway.

CantGetAWii
    ProudWii60Owner

'I don't want to go back, I want a new day & age.'

Retired Moderator-[PM]

Brawl FC: 4682-8172-0512 [PM for add]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumn0ob
    So all we have to do to become mods is be online all time I can do that on break which is now

Member #
    Friends
    8012-6169-7562-1411
    Yes. This is why I like the Wii because I can just play a few minigames before sleep and feel satisfied. I dreaded playing zelda sometimes because I knew I shouldnt have been playing it for so long in one sitting and I lost alot of sleep lol. But all games are a waste of time but a sh_tload of fun

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Close
    Frankly, the Wii is pathetic of right now. No good games, no anything that good out. Maybe MP3 will make the Wii shake a little. Then SMG, then SSBB !

Then the Wii will dominate.
    I agree. Time will turn the tables. Hopefully.

The key to immortality is first living a life
    worth remembering. - Bruce Lee

PSN ID: Byuakuya

Ads