LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

Amazed by component cable

I went out an bought a cheap component cable for my Wii and I have to say that the graphics looked twice as good. I think if nintendo had released component cables with the wii instead of composite people wouldn't complain about the graphics so much.

If you're considering getting component, DO IT.
    Xbox live tag: Terrador

Member #
    Mormonville, Utah XBL GamerTag: sheise PSNID: sheise
    Friends
    8354-0173-2009-5422
    I got them since I got a new TV that only had one composite port that I needed for my cable box, so that was pretty much my only choice unless I bought a video switch thing. Anyway, I didn't really like it, ya it made it a little more clear, but that isn't necessarily a good thing, because it just seems to make the jaggies a lot more visible. I prefer to have it a little blurry but not have as many noticeable jaggies and other flaws.
    ++++++[>++++++++++<-]>+.<+++[>++++<-]>+.<+++++[>+++++++<-]>++.++++.<+++[>---<-]>--.<+++++[>----------<-]>--------.<+++++++++++++[>++<-]>.<+++++[>+++++<-]>.<++++[>++++<-]>+..<++[>----<-]>-.<++[>+++++<-]>.

Member #
    Friends
    I thought the component cables were ment to be rubbish?
    I love WII!

Member #
    Friends
    The coponent cable is a hell of alot better. Especially on Resident Evil 4. Also when I switched to a new HD tv the control for when you have to save Megastrikes on Mario Strikers was delayed slightly so made it more difficult. Worked fine again as soon as I got the cable.
    Wii games I own: Medal Of Honour Heroes 2, Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga, Resident Evil 4, Red Steel, Mario Strikers Charged, Fifa 08, Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles, Mario Galaxy, Big Brain Accademy, Battalion Wars 2 and Wii Sports.

Wii Number: 2823 4586 3223 6887
    Friend Code for MSC: 463957 076941
    Fifa 08 player name: Woz

Member #
    Friends
    It looks amazing on Twilight Princess. I had no idea Midnas mask had etchings on it until i plugged in the component cables. I can totally see a huge improvement in Mario Strikers (at least I would if i had the game). It'll make a big difference on brawl, too. Many games it would look about the same, but it's still an improvement to anything.

Paintballer, did you change your wii settings from 480i to 480p? I actually noticed less "jaggies".

I own a 360 as well, and I've compared the two side-by-side and the 360 isn't much better when the wii has the component cable. (BTW, I bought a universal cable so I can plug in my Wii and my 360 into the same component cable). I think if the Wii would run games at 60 FPS it would be just as good as the 360.

BTW, what framerates can the wii handle anyway?
    Last edited by Spyro; 08-06-2007 at 09:55 AM.
    Xbox live tag: Terrador

Member #
    Mormonville, Utah XBL GamerTag: sheise PSNID: sheise
    Friends
    8354-0173-2009-5422
    Quote Originally Posted by Spyro
    It looks amazing on Twilight Princess. I had no idea Midnas mask had etchings on it until i plugged in the component cables. I can totally see a huge improvement in Mario Strikers (at least I would if i had the game). It'll make a big difference on brawl, too. Many games it would look about the same, but it's still an improvement to anything.

Paintballer, did you change your wii settings from 480i to 480p? I actually noticed less "jaggies".

I own a 360 as well, and I've compared the two side-by-side and the 360 isn't much better when the wii has the component cable. (BTW, I bought a universal cable so I can plug in my Wii and my 360 into the same component cable). I think if the Wii would run games at 60 FPS it would be just as good as the 360.

BTW, what framerates can the wii handle anyway?
    Ya, it is on 480p. With composite the jaggies are still there, they just aren't as visible since it is blurred. With component it is sharper and they are easily noticeable.

LMAO @ the Wii looking as good as the 360. A 360 in HD completely pwns the Wii graphically and if I judged my consoles completely on graphics I probably would have threw my Wii at a wall.
    ++++++[>++++++++++<-]>+.<+++[>++++<-]>+.<+++++[>+++++++<-]>++.++++.<+++[>---<-]>--.<+++++[>----------<-]>--------.<+++++++++++++[>++<-]>.<+++++[>+++++<-]>.<++++[>++++<-]>+..<++[>----<-]>-.<++[>+++++<-]>.

Unofficial WiiChat Helper Link_of_Hyrule's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    7114-5214-3386-2022
    I would totaly get it unfortunately i can because my tv doesnt support component input

Ads