+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Wii Zapper

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    5457-8878-2124-2087

Wii Zapper

What do you peeps think of the Wii Zapper idea? Will there really be much games compatible with it?

Spoiler Alert!

2. Ads

Member #
    Mormonville, Utah XBL GamerTag: sheise PSNID: sheise
    Friends
    8354-0173-2009-5422
    I think it is stupid since it is just a useless piece of plastic that Nintendo is going to cash in on. It doesn't really add anything to the game.
    ++++++[>++++++++++<-]>+.<+++[>++++<-]>+.<+++++[>+++++++<-]>++.++++.<+++[>---<-]>--.<+++++[>----------<-]>--------.<+++++++++++++[>++<-]>.<+++++[>+++++<-]>.<++++[>++++<-]>+..<++[>----<-]>-.<++[>+++++<-]>.

Member #
    Somewhere... over the rainbow... (actually, New Jersey)
    Friends
    8439-4149-2660-5864
    depends on the game it's used for.
    If you want to add me in Brawl, PM me that you're going to (and include your brawl name and friend code). Also, PM me if you delete me, so I can delete your name, too. I need space, ya know.
    FC: 2707-1312-0571
    For anyone who added me in Brawl and deleted me because it still said "Awaiting Registration", please re-add me. It just means we both haven't been online at the same time.

Member #
    Friends
    8745-5143-2651-5351
    Offhand I recall that both RE UC and MOHH2 will be compatible. Pretty much everything known came from E3, so search youtube for wii zapper and watch that segment.

Quote Originally Posted by paintba||er
    I think it is stupid since it is just a useless piece of plastic that Nintendo is going to cash in on. It doesn't really add anything to the game.
    It also depends on what "Zapper support" means. I'm starting to think there's a good chance that games with ZS will have in-game calibration to bring light gun style wiimote/reticle lineup without requiring you to mod a sensor bar and do trig.

Since the mote and chuck will be hard-tethered, it will also have different motion controls. They might detract from the experience, or they might not. It'd be nice if the trigger were a real button, instead of a middle-man, but we'll see what happens.

People thought the Wii was going to be useless (compared to the PS360) once upon a time. Maybe you should wait until you see what the zapper actually brings to the table before you pretend like you know.

MOHH2: AoW fortunz
    xfire: fortunzfavor

I am mianmini at IGN. fortunzfavor [at] netzero [dot] net

Member #
    Friends
    it could work if it was packaged with games but i wouldnt personnally buy it.

Member #
    Mormonville, Utah XBL GamerTag: sheise PSNID: sheise
    Friends
    8354-0173-2009-5422
    How am I pretending anything? They showed what it is. It is just a piece of plastic that holds the Wiimote and Nunchuck together. It is just like those plastic tennis things that people in Japan buy. There may be calibration in the games (wouldn't add much, because it would never be accurate enough to be useable without a cursor) but that doesn't have anything to do with the zapper. I'm just hoping that these games have the option to play without the zapper. (I'm assuming they will) I will be pissed if I have to waste my money on something like that. As far as I can see it won't bring anything "to the table" besides another useless novelty.
    ++++++[>++++++++++<-]>+.<+++[>++++<-]>+.<+++++[>+++++++<-]>++.++++.<+++[>---<-]>--.<+++++[>----------<-]>--------.<+++++++++++++[>++<-]>.<+++++[>+++++<-]>.<++++[>++++<-]>+..<++[>----<-]>-.<++[>+++++<-]>.

Member #
    Friends
    5457-8878-2124-2087
    Quote Originally Posted by Damascus
    depends on the game it's used for.
    That's what I mean, will it really be compatible with many games?

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Somewhere... over the rainbow... (actually, New Jersey)
    Friends
    8439-4149-2660-5864
    isn't the trigger the B button?
    If you want to add me in Brawl, PM me that you're going to (and include your brawl name and friend code). Also, PM me if you delete me, so I can delete your name, too. I need space, ya know.
    FC: 2707-1312-0571
    For anyone who added me in Brawl and deleted me because it still said "Awaiting Registration", please re-add me. It just means we both haven't been online at the same time.

Member #
    Friends
    8745-5143-2651-5351
    Quote Originally Posted by Damascus
    isn't the trigger the B button?
    As I recall, there's a button on the zapper that physically presses the B button. Offhand, I'd prefer there be a real button--that the zapper be an actual peripheral rather than a wrapper--and believe that it would respond better, but I'll wait and see how it does.

Quote Originally Posted by PB
    How am I pretending anything? They showed what it is. It is just a piece of plastic that holds the Wiimote and Nunchuck together.
    The 9000 blasters that have been crafted 3rd party are just pieces of plastic. The Zapper appears to also be a concerted effort to affect the design of controls for shooters--via "Zapper support". Pretending might be the wrong word. You just assume too much. Sometimes things are more than they appear.

MOHH2: AoW fortunz
    xfire: fortunzfavor

I am mianmini at IGN. fortunzfavor [at] netzero [dot] net

Member #
    Friends
    The only thing I worry about is the aiming with it - For example, when I play RE4 I just hold the wii mote around waist level (or slightly higher) and feel like whereever I point that is what I am aiming at - but if I bring it up to eye level and look to see what I am really aiming at, I now see that the pointer is slightly off (I just don't notice this when I don't have it at eye level - it really feels that it is pointing exactly where I aim it). So if you are supposed to hold the zapper like a real gun then this would throw things off - if you just hold it lower (and don't try and really aim with it) then it might be cool. Hope that makes some sense!

Ads