LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    According to the DMCA, devices used to circumvent copyright protection are illegal. It doesn't matter if that's what you use it for or not.

If they were not illegal then there would be no grounds to all the arrests that were recently made of mod chip guys. The arrests were not of people using mod chips to play copied games, it was guys who sell and install them who were arrested.

Member #
    Friends
    2244-7814-4805-6617
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy
    According to the DMCA, devices used to circumvent copyright protection are illegal. It doesn't matter if that's what you use it for or not.
    I thought I remember the wording being that its "sole use" had to be to circumvent copyright protection. All these people arrested have to do is prove there is a legitimate use. I think that if any of these arrested chose to fight and not plea bargain that they would win. That is of course barring any other evidence (ie. pirated games)

I would bet that most of the people targeted were also selling pirated games with the mod chips like the idiots on craigslist.

p.s. I am not advocating piracy, and I do not have a mod'ed Wii, but I cant say that when I was in college that I didn't partake in the occasional free game.

...yea... My god the Wii owns...'s Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger_Kun
    I was trying to put a chip in my wii (I'm very new to soldering but I didn't know anyone who can solder) with wires and when I was looking to see if the wire would stay on the board and it came off... leaving no solder on the board and it looked like there were some tiny wires on the bit of solder I took off. I put it back together and it worked so what do I do now?

Sorry if this is in the wrong place.
    So...you're saying the Wii's fine now? It works?

Ads