Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Modding wii

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

Modding wii

Hey guys im thinking of modding my wii but am not sure which site is reliable. I also want a installation service from that site, have any of you guys paid a modding service and can you explain to me how it works like what they will do and what i will have to do. for example shipping
    Last edited by Thechickenman27; 08-10-2007 at 11:41 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    1862-1014-7263-2520
    I used to do Xboxes, and I now do 360's. It's not very difficult work, but it is dangerous. There are many dangers since IF they provide the service, when you read their little Terms of Service, you'll most often find they do not warranty their work. From a book-keep's point of view, that's not a smart move anyway if you're breaking in new staff, or having a bad day since you're maybe making 100 dollars for 10 minutes work on a 300+ dollar console. One screwup may be acceptable, but more than that cuts a day's profits down to nearly zero. Can't have that..

Anyway, onward. You're better off doing it yourself, unless you know an engineer or trust someone who has experience with a soldering iron. I'd never trust anything online like that, because if you pay them, and ship them your console, they have NO obligation to return it anyway. There's no contract involved and there is no work order. You're basically on good faith. Not good practice.

Also, It's not a good idea to mod the wii anyway since it lacks versatility from the get go. What few features you could add wouldn't be worth it in the long run, because I know HOW they're going to check for modded consoles and it's going to be very effective. The discs are checked for authentication with a checksum of bad sectors. Each disc is different, and the wii can log these. Even if the modchip can scramble the fake codes for the discs, it can't keep it compared to Nintendo's original list, since they can change the hash code at any time with an update.

Overall, the wii's fine on it's own. If you don't wanna spend money on the games, rent them instead. S'not like there's a MASSIVE count of games yet, roughly estimated at 90-ish original games for the Wii, with I think around 20 more around christmas. I myself am waiting for Nights into dreams, because I fell in love with that game on my saturn, which didn't survive something that happened years ago.

That's just my views. Opinions and experience differ.
    *Insert wit here*

Member #
    Friends
    8420-0141-9022-6948
    I would say not to do it. Nintendo is really going after all the mod chips, and future updates may mess up or even brick your Wii, and since you kinda void your warranty through mod-chipping, you may end up just having to fork out for another Wii altogether.

This is the second mod-chipping question in two days...

Mail me if you want to add me on either the Wii or the 360.

Member #
    Friends
    0680-1454-3102-7585
    I would agere too and share the views of the other replys. In the long run not worth doing... Simple really!

I have aso heard that Nintendo are going to crack down on this in future updates...

It is up to you though and need to weigh up both sides... How many games can you get and how much the mod costs with buying a new Wii (and replacing the copied games!)

Is up to you...
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    PM me and add me to ur address book...

Member #
    Friends
    Are you in the US? Have you read the news on FBI crack down on modding services last week? Or you are collecting info for the federal agents?

Member #
    Friends
    Anyway, onward. You're better off doing it yourself, unless you know an engineer or trust someone who has experience with a soldering iron.

hmm... last time i soldered iron was in 7th grade technology class

Member #
    Friends
    I would wait. I would wait until we are able to execute Wii based homebrew. One this has been tackled running backup games will be much easier, and less likely to fail.

Member #
    Friends
    3257-3629-3771-6299
    Wii is way to new to Mod and most ways out there arent all Full Proof they Wii is very new which means no one has really discovered anything really good. And Nintendo will brick your Wii and it is just not worth it if you really want to mod a system mod a outdated one. but nothing new why?

1. Breaking Law
    2. Could Screw up Wii
    3. A glitch in system may cause somthing to happen like the xbox 360 rings of death and well I don't think you will be sending your wii to them..

Member #
    Friends
    1862-1014-7263-2520
    Since when did the legality of something stop people from doing it?
    *Insert wit here*

Member #
    Mormonville, Utah XBL GamerTag: sheise PSNID: sheise
    Friends
    8354-0173-2009-5422
    Quote Originally Posted by xVendettax
    Wii is way to new to Mod and most ways out there arent all Full Proof they Wii is very new which means no one has really discovered anything really good. And Nintendo will brick your Wii and it is just not worth it if you really want to mod a system mod a outdated one. but nothing new why?

1. Breaking Law
    2. Could Screw up Wii
    3. A glitch in system may cause somthing to happen like the xbox 360 rings of death and well I don't think you will be sending your wii to them..
    Modding isn't illegal. It can be used for illegal purposes, but it can also be completely legal if you own a legally bought copy of all the games you burn, etc.
    ++++++[>++++++++++<-]>+.<+++[>++++<-]>+.<+++++[>+++++++<-]>++.++++.<+++[>---<-]>--.<+++++[>----------<-]>--------.<+++++++++++++[>++<-]>.<+++++[>+++++<-]>.<++++[>++++<-]>+..<++[>----<-]>-.<++[>+++++<-]>.

Ads