LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by andyd99
    whats this freeloader all about?????????????
    It's a disc that you put into your Wii, then take it out, put in the game from a different region, and then you can play it. It's the alternative for people that don't want to mod their consoles.

Yeah, Nintendo is really cracking down on modding now. It's interesting to see how far they'll go.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by andyd99
    whats this freeloader all about?????????????
    Freeloader allows you to play region locked games on the Gamecube, but this no longer works on the Wii after the last update. Maybe if you don't wanna utilize the extra features Nintendo has added to the Wii since release and will probably be adding in the future it will still work. You can also get it for use on the Gamecube if you still have the old cube itself.

Signature by Syntax

Member #
    Friends
    2154-9969-3510-2243
    You just simply buy another Wii of the relevant region in order to by pass your region locking related issues. It's as easy as that!

I Swear never to touch a PlayStation ever again
    I PLEDGE ALLEGIANCE TO THE Wii
    MAKE YOUR PLEDGE TODAY!

<<<<< Wii Number *Message Me First*

Member #
    Friends
    not all of us can afford to buy 2 wii's, its a lot of money for some.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by WiiBad
    Freeloader allows you to play region locked games on the Gamecube, but this no longer works on the Wii after the last update. Maybe if you don't wanna utilize the extra features Nintendo has added to the Wii since release and will probably be adding in the future it will still work. You can also get it for use on the Gamecube if you still have the old cube itself.
    too bad updates are shoved down your throat with some of the newer games

Member #
    Friends
    3732-3369-2853-4491
    how come i never hear anything about 360 or ps3 mods and wii mods are every where?
    Strikers FC:025884-970933
    RIP: Hidden in Plain View, Counterfit Pennies, The Early November

thanks to idjut for the sig!

Member #
    Friends
    7718-0763-7712-7510
    Quote Originally Posted by alien
    not all of us can afford to buy 2 wii's, its a lot of money for some.

and thats if you even find one
    1 Wii console with Wii Sports
    2 Wimotes 1 Nunchuck
    Zelda: twilight princess, Excite truck(selling), Wii play
    Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid prime 3, Carnival Games, RE Umbrella Chronicles, Mysims

Wish List
    Zapper, Medal of honour Heroes 2, BRAWL , Wii fit

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by samXcor3
    how come i never hear anything about 360 or ps3 mods and wii mods are every where?

Probably because Sony and Microsoft does a much better job of stopping it then Nintendo can, atleast in the US. There are modded 360's and PS3's, it's just that with a modded 360, you wouldn't be able to take advantage of online because you'd be banned. Not sure with Sony, since online is free. Here in southeast Asia, different story. I'm in Indonesia, and I couldn't buy a non-modded console even if I wanted to. Wii, PS3, 360....there all modified over here. The person I purchased my wii from couldn't tell me/didn't know what mod chip was in mine.

I highly doubt Nintendo will seriously "crack down" on modded systems. They may make certain updates which brick modded wii's, but I doubt it's their sole intent. Their not anal like Microsoft is. I've done system/firmware updates on my wii before. Everything is still running fine.

"I am the rocks of the eternal shore. Crash against me and be broken!"

Member #
    Mormonville, Utah XBL GamerTag: sheise PSNID: sheise
    Friends
    8354-0173-2009-5422
    Quote Originally Posted by langjie
    too bad updates are shoved down your throat with some of the newer games
    Bringing up old threads = :/

Quote Originally Posted by samXcor3
    There are plenty of people modding 360s. You don't even need a modchip, you can just flash some custom firmware onto your DVD drive. But it requires constant updating to avoid being banned from Live, which sucks ass.

The PS3 isn't being modded much because nobody has unimaginably expensive Blu-ray burners, and it isn't feasible to download and store 60GB isos.
    ++++++[>++++++++++<-]>+.<+++[>++++<-]>+.<+++++[>+++++++<-]>++.++++.<+++[>---<-]>--.<+++++[>----------<-]>--------.<+++++++++++++[>++<-]>.<+++++[>+++++<-]>.<++++[>++++<-]>+..<++[>----<-]>-.<++[>+++++<-]>.

Member #
    Friends

Gaming, music and movie industry - Listen up !!!!!!

it is both annoying and frustrating when it comes to especially movie and gaming region locking.

It is against the law you idiots..... Per the sony lawsuit class action based on the region locking of GAMES. It states that the region limiting of a game is not allowed. I would assume that this would mean also ntsc and Pal, the only arguement is that the different tv set ups. Like dvd players, consoles and pcs should be able to emulate the required setup being either ntsc or pal. Its about time that the industry of both movie ( dvd ) and game ( console and c ) get their act together and stop this crap. I should be able to go anywhere in the world, pick up a game, pay for it, take it home and play it. I should not have to run around in another country knocking back real bargains based on the fact I live in Australia ( PAL ) and the game or dvd in ntsc.

You as a industry should only be concerned with the fact that I bought you damn console or movie, you should not therefor give a crap where I bought it and for how much.

Typical example is I can by a ntsc WII game brand new 40 australian dollars, in australia the same game exact same game $70 just cause its PAL

give me a break

Ads