Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

Wii Component Cable.

Hi,

just wondering if anyone has these Wii component cables:

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Wii-C...oductDetail.do

I want to buy the Wii Component Monster Cables cause I have Monster Cables on my 360 but I can get those for way less...

With my first Wii I had the Blaze Component cables, they worked very good. But I'm thinking the Psyclones would be slightly better. They look almost like Monster Cables not sure if they would perform the same though...

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    1450-8712-3893-8596
    i found some component cables online for about 8$ shipped. you may want to check those out. they do the job just fine. there was a thread/post about it somewheres on the board.

Member #
    Friends
    they are all pretty much the same thing, and it would be hard to actually notice a difference unless the ones you had were screwed..

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by GaryT85
    they are all pretty much the same thing, and it would be hard to actually notice a difference unless the ones you had were screwed..

Something I've noticed with high quality cables are the give very noticeably better sound quality. I agree that it's pretty hard to tell the difference in image quality unless you have a high end really big screen TV (bigger than 50").

Anyways just wanted to say I've already grabbed the Psyclone Premium Wii cables for for a great deal $15 US (Tax + Shipping Included), how I could pass up on that deal...

Member #
    Friends
    Do you have a Bose sound system? No? Then dont waste $40 on that cable or I will throw toast at you in massive quantities.

I got my component cable for $10 and it works great.
    Xbox live tag: Terrador

Member #
    Friends

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Spyro
    Do you have a Bose sound system? No? Then dont waste $40 on that cable or I will throw toast at you in massive quantities.

I got my component cable for $10 and it works great.
    You totally lost me on that one...1) Bose is audio, component is video and 2) Bose sucks, so does Monster Cable. Both are very overpriced and you can get so much more with other higher quality brands.
    For standard audio/video cables blue jeans cable is great. For a Wii component cable the Nintendo brand will do just fine, paying anything more is a waste, especially since the video output is 720p.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by gnahc79
    You totally lost me on that one...1) Bose is audio, component is video and 2) Bose sucks, so does Monster Cable. Both are very overpriced and you can get so much more with other higher quality brands.
    For standard audio/video cables blue jeans cable is great. For a Wii component cable the Nintendo brand will do just fine, paying anything more is a waste, especially since the video output is 720p.

I think was was meant was that it would be a waste to buy high end cables unless you have a high end audio system like Bose (Bose is good, IMHO). I tend to agree with this as everything I have read about the component cables points to an increase in audio quality with higher end ones, no change in video... Just my $.02

I will be dropping by my local RadioShack to see if they have any instock or else I will have to hit (dare I say it) BestBuy (which could be dangerous as I have been itching for a new game, just have Wii Play and of course Wii Sports )

Member #
    Friends
    8072-5380-4833-5850
    i got those about 3 days ago, i see a more vivid color, and its more bright.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by gnahc79
    Huh?

First of all, unless I'm mistaken, the video output is 480p. Second, the Nintendo brand cable is around $50 while the knock-offs are more like $25 or less. I though we were discussing the latter.

Ads