LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

Connecting multiple game systems through one input

I've seen those manual switches that can have multiple systems hooked up to a single RCA input on a tv (ie the Pelican brand game system selector). I was wondering, what happens if you simply connect multiple systems without a selector and have them all turned on at one time. I know with my DVD and VCR, both plugged into one input on the tv, the picture is simply scrambled when both are on... does it damage the tv at all? Is there any type of multiple system selector which either has a remote or somehow doesn't have a selector? (i'm planning on having it out of view so that the cords aren't all hanging out of the box, reason why I don't want a manual selector). Any advice would help, is manual selector is the way I have to go so be it... Thanks in advance!

Member #
    Friends
    It depends whether your TV has an AV/RGB channel for each input. If your TV has 3 scart/composite/component slots and also has 3 AV channels it won't damage the TV at all, because all you do is change the channel. But if your TV has 3/4/5 slots and only 1 or 2 AV channels yes, it will damage it. My TV has 2 inputs and one AV channel. When I turn on my PS2 and Wii, both displays appear at the same time. Looks weird and can't be too good.....

Member #
    Friends
    Yah... As of right now my little crappy tv has ONE set of lousy inputs, which means I have to manually switch every time I want to play a different system. The problem is this is wearing out the inputs and the picture sometimes disappears and the cables need to be wiggled...

Ads