LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Howdy D10 ~

Sorry, didn't even notice any responses in this thread after mine!

Bottom Line:

480P is better from a technical standpoint (for more than one reason), however, 480i might look better to you (though some of the other Prog Scan perks are lost). Simple thing to test if you have both cables, try both configs.

As far as tweaking the output, that's going to vary from display-to-display. On our Sony LCD projector, I like to use the pre-configured "Cinema" mode - it has the perfect settings for most games, though I've found on some action/survival type games, the dark levels still need a little brightness tweak.

Our Wii should be here tomorrow (and the component cable) - so I'm going to go through the same exercise myself! (I'm sure the wifey will say "stop playing with cables, I want to play Paper Mario" hahaha!)

~DT

Member #
    Friends
    3720-3202-8116-9827
    Lol yeh i get the same from my wifey too, she hates the techincal stuff! :P

Thanks man, what cable is it that i need to test out the 480i, not scart right? and of course component is for the 480p.

Il try some of my TV standards settings to see if it works, but i have tweaked myself a bit lately and Zelda is starting to look beautiful (or maybe im getting used to it =p)

let me know how your test goes tommorow! and dude.... make sure u have zelda!!!!

Member #
    Friends
    She was even a hold out on HD, until the first time I fired up an NFL game, then she lost her mind In fact, just ordered the Gameday + Superfan (HD) this week.

In the US, the WII hooks up either composite (which is a single RCA for the video) for 480i, or component (which has isolated RGB RCA plugs) for 480p.

Interestingly enough, the Sony we have only accepts 720P/1080i signals in via the HDMI interface (related HDCP), but that works since the WII is 480p max.

Yeah, I think Zelda is probably a must own (or at least "must borrow" from the BIL!). Should last us for a long time - God of War II (*highly* recommended if you have a PS2) took us like 4 or 5 months, because we would get wrapped up in other things and abandon it for weeks!

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by D10Vieira
    let me know how your test goes tommorow! and dude.... make sure u have zelda!!!!
    Looks like the scheduled delivery got bumped a day (figured as much since it came from Orlando early today). Anyway, since we were out and about today, we popped into Target and picked up Zelda. We were just going to borrow the BIL's, but figured we take such a long time with those sorts of games, might as well have our own copy.

So everything is on deck, open, connected (hahaha, at least the component cable). Remotes are charged, just no Wii yet

Member #
    Friends
    3720-3202-8116-9827
    Ahhh dude... i hate when that happens! mainly because im so impatient lol

nice one, zelda is a must have and btw im from the UK so to be honest i dont really know what you are talking about when you say BILS lol but wouldnt mind finding out?

for now just keep the remote fully charged, close you eyes and swing it like your swinging a sword, stick the other end of the component into an orange or something, see if you invent something =P

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    deleted
    Last edited by dakuda; 01-15-2012 at 09:28 AM.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by dakuda
    BIL = brother in law.
    Yes. Good catch. I get a little crazy with the acronyms sometimes

Member #
    Friends
    Finally got it today! Since everything was hookedup, charged up, etc., it only took like 10 minutes to get it up and running. Hit the network connection right off and downloaded the latest updates.

I think I'll make a separate post

Ads