LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

Question about the Wii sharing an SD card with another device

I have a 2GB micro-sd card that I use to store music on my phone , and pictures from the phone's camera. The phone is an LG VX8300 (Verizon). The card isn't nearly full, so I figured I would put it to good use and use it in the Wii I'm getting tomorrow or Tuesday or whenever the store gets a shipment.

Can I share the card between the two devices, or will I have to format the card specifically for the Wii? Does the wii put it's files in their own folder on the SD card?

Thanks

Member #
    Friends
    4697-7108-2206-9203
    when u get your wii go to the photo channel and there will be a screen that says SD card with a picture of a cell phone slide ur just click on it and it'll read ur card...so no u dont need to reformat it
    i got:madden 07-08,pirates: at worlds end,zelda,call of duty 3,warioware,wii sports,need for speed: carbon,red steel, prince of persia, spiderman 3,metroid prime 3,VB:R Virtual console:Super Mario 64,Gunstar Heros,Toe Jame & Earl,Street Fighter 2 & Turbo,Mario Kart 64,Super Mario World,Street Of Rage,Zelda 1 & Orcarina,Star Fox,China Warrior,Super Mario 2

Member #
    Friends
    can i use it for save data and vc games as well though? and they fixed the whole 'sd card only as backup and the save data has to be on the internal memory' thing right?

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by gregjp48
    can i use it for save data and vc games as well though? and they fixed the whole 'sd card only as backup and the save data has to be on the internal memory' thing right?
    No, you can't play VC games directly from the SD card it must be on the internal memory.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy
    No, you can't play VC games directly from the SD card it must be on the internal memory.
    balls. Oh well THey don't take up too much space anyway, and i can always store the less played ones on SD and then move them over when i want to play them, right?

Member #
    Friends
    balls. Oh well THey don't take up too much space anyway, and i can always store the less played ones on SD and then move them over when i want to play them, right?
    Yes you can move them to SD for storage purposes still. Or just delete them and re-download them later if you want to play again (you can re-download for free).

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy
    Yes you can move them to SD for storage purposes still. Or just delete them and re-download them later if you want to play again (you can re-download for free).
    that's good. how's the download speed? I have a 360 with xbl and the downloading is way too slow.

Member #
    Friends
    that's good. how's the download speed? I have a 360 with xbl and the downloading is way too slow.
    The games are pretty small so it doesn't take much time. A minute or less usually.

Member #
    Friends
    cool. got the wii on friday, and haven't been on the forum since for obvious reasons.

Member #
    Friends
    your lucky to get a wii.
    Hey everyone it's me MRCOOLGH its been forever and a half since I came back on in fact its been at least a year and a half since I was here. Last time I visited Wiichat was 02-26-2008 and I'm gald to be back everyone!

Ads