LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by phimuajedi69
    these numbers seem really unrealistic to me....i can't even find a laptop computer that has below a 1.4 GHz processor...

article
    not sure how much i trust this article, they say their source is game informer magazine

they are claiming the wii will also have a physics processing unit (ppu) and a lot of ram to make up for the lack of hard drive

then again, those numbers are twice as powerful (roughly) as the gc

From nintendo.com
    I've seen many technical projections for the Wii, but this one seems particuarly more realistic. A physics processor with just 32mb of memory seems really realistic to be fitted into such a small amount of internal space as presented in the Wii. It seems really reasonable. It would take a good amount of horse power processing from the CPU's shoulders; it would release it. Quite good. It would not dramatically overheat the system and a huge cooling system would not be needed. Very nice. I like the idea. More St-1 ram, cache memory and more Mhz from both CPU and GPU would be VERY apreciated as well. That's the only important thing missing thus far from Nintendo.

Member #
    Friends
    Most likely the graphics will be better then at e3, for 1 the system isn't completely finialized, 2 these games are still in production, the "beautifing" process is usually one of the last, and 3 these are the first run of games, the first batch of games from a developer for a system, is usually not as good of graphics. I still say the difference in the consoles graphics will be comparable since I'm not going to zoom on my characters 5 0'clock shadow and you'll forget about graphics about 30 seconds into any of these games if the game is good. also for $600 the ps3 IS NOT enough of a graphical improvement, from the previews I've seen this system looks glitchey and not well setup, specs are not everything, saturn had 3 processors and playstation wiped the floor with it, if some noname company game out with this console everyone would laugh at them and they would go bankrupt with no sales.

Unofficial WiiChat Helper Link_of_Hyrule's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    7114-5214-3386-2022
    It seems a little low but this is what gamestop says

CPU IBM Broadway 729MHz
    Internal Storage 512MB Flash Memory
    GPU ATI Hollywood
    Optical Disc Drive 8cm GameCube/12cm Wii
    Supported Resolution up to 480p
    12cm Disc Capacity 4.7GB (single) / 8.5GB (dual)
    System Memory Unknown
    Memory Expansion 2 SD Memory
    Wii Controller Ports Wireless (4 minimum)
    Internet Connectivity WiFi 802.11b/g
    GameCube Controller Ports 4 Ports
    Disc Compatibility GameCube
    GameCube Memory Expansion 2 Ports

Downloadable Content NES, SNES, N64, Sega Genesis, Turbo Grafx

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/wii/wii_signup.asp
    Last edited by Link_of_Hyrule; 07-29-2006 at 11:27 AM.

Member #
    Friends
    1979-1154-7425-1363
    I don't relly care about the graphics as much as I did beofre. why? Because graphics have reached a point where they are good enoughf. Any thing better than the Gc is good enoughf.

Member #
    Friends
    6980-3796-3948-8393
    anyway it didnt BUT u know its still in development, so I think they will beat the 360!

Name: Juan
    FC: 4253 0727 5993

No Asking For Rep

Member #
    Friends
    8426-6514-9175-8079
    to me graphics arent a factor aslong as it is colour and not really pixelly (is that word) im fine i really care about the game play but im sure there is plenty of people who care

See I made it my own! RELIGION *whoosh* wow a 50 page thread bout how there beliefs are right and you are all wrong wow. Oh do want to be different rep! even if I don't help it seems to happen a lot here

Unofficial WiiChat Helper Link_of_Hyrule's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    7114-5214-3386-2022
    personaly i think the specs on the gamespot site are wrong along with the suposesive leaked specs from the game dev on maxconsole i personaly think the specs will be at least 1.5ghz and 128mb memory

Member #
    Friends
    7061-0622-1076-8579
    Why would you think the specs will be that high? I would be very surprised if it tops 866mhz. I do though think that "hollywood" will likely have its own proccessor. Really... why would you expect more. It is a tiny system that not a lot of hardware can be crammed into. This is not to say I don't expect great things! I believe that after a graphics card has been in development as long as this one has and the creator starts tooting their own horn, something great must be planned. Until more is released, we will just have to speculate!

Member #
    Friends
    Most advanced, probably considering that it was made specifically for console, not ported to console from computer, most powerful, no, but than again there have been more powerful spec-wise consoles that didn't beat the graphics of lower spec units, its mainly in the development of the game to take hold of the graphics processing power, if the developer doesn't try it will look like crap no matter what system its on, the playstation series is notorious for bad looking good games and good looking bad games, Nintendo makes the best games and are really offering more for your money, the ps3 is not worth the money spent, if you want graphics, use the 4th system, a PC, it will beat out the console every time, a PC has the latest tech(physx system for example), developers know how to get power out of the system already and in a year or so PCs always outclass the consoles.
    If you never try you may never fail, but you will also never succeed.

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    Man, have u not read about the wii at all? Go to IGN at read it up. There's no chance the wii will have better graphics than the PS3, I wouldn't be surprised if the N's next console still hasn't caught up w/ PS3 as far as software goes.

Super Moderator - PM me if you have any issues.

We Want Young Blood.

Ads