+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Official Metroid Breeder Zarogan's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    5460-1571-7458-7185
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmarx
    Yes yes I bought rechargeables two days ago but I was simply waiting for the duracells to die. It finally happened backing out of Zelda and I had to resync the Wiimote arghh... So based on that I would guess that red bar would last 6 hours playing with the nunchuk attached and like 12 hours unattached. probably.
    I insist, it's the rumble that takes away most of the batteries, not the nunchuck.

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    3099-0319-5478-2979
    Well if its a problem I would use a charger like others have said.
    But really, its not lying, just play until it disconnects the remote. Thats the indication I use to know when to change the batteries.

CantGetAWii
    ProudWii60Owner

'I don't want to go back, I want a new day & age.'

Retired Moderator-[PM]

Brawl FC: 4682-8172-0512 [PM for add]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumn0ob
    So all we have to do to become mods is be online all time I can do that on break which is now

Member #
    Friends
    5556-6677-7123-4567
    I never use rumble anyway, so yes factor that in.

I still say the battery indicator lies. One minute it's on red then you check five minutes later and it's back two bars again. And I don't want to wait for the controller to disconnect - this shouldn't happen in an in-game situation.

Member #
    Friends
    3099-0319-5478-2979
    I never use rumble anyway, so yes factor that in.

I still say the battery indicator lies. One minute it's on red then you check five minutes later and it's back two bars again. And I don't want to wait for the controller to disconnect - this shouldn't happen in an in-game situation.
    Having it go from red back to blue is not a bad thing, and if that does happen in game, then have some batteries handy.

Really, its not that big of a deal.

CantGetAWii
    ProudWii60Owner

'I don't want to go back, I want a new day & age.'

Retired Moderator-[PM]

Brawl FC: 4682-8172-0512 [PM for add]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumn0ob
    So all we have to do to become mods is be online all time I can do that on break which is now

Member #
    Friends
    5636-7810-2729-9129
    Quote Originally Posted by MacabPA
    I also have rechargeables. I bought them at a dollar store. Charger + 4 batteries = 12.99. A very good buy.
    that's the worst DOLLAR store ever. haha =)

Member #
    Friends
    lol I get it Dollar store everything supposed to cost a dollar and under Rofl
    KryKidd

Member #
    Friends
    2328-3260-7811-1534
    ^ simply put, why do batteries need to go in the fridge? I never heard of this either.
    Maybe this will help (if you've not looked it up already yourself).
    Quote Originally Posted by greenbatteries.com
    Putting batteries in the freezer or refrigerator doesn't necessarily prolong their life

Alkaline batteries stored at "room temperature" self discharge at a rate of less than two percent per year. So normally refrigerating or freezing them will only help maintain their charge by a tiny amount. Hardly worth the effort of chilling them. However, if alkaline batteries are stored at higher temperatures they will start to lose capacity much quicker. At 85 degrees F they only lose about 5% per year, but at 100 degrees they lose 25% per year. So if you live in a very hot climate or are storing your batteries in a very hot location, it may be worthwhile for you to store your alkaline batteries in a refrigerator instead.

NiMH and NiCd batteries self discharge at a MUCH faster rate than alkaline batteries. In fact, at "room temperature" (about 70 degrees F) NiMH and NiCD batteries will self discharge a few percent PER DAY. Storing them at lower temperatures will slow their self discharge rate dramatically. NiMH batteries stored at freezing will retain over 90% of their charge for full month. So it might make sense to store them in a freezer. If you do, it's best to bring them back to room temperature before using them. Even if you don't freeze your NiMH batteries after charging them, you should store them in a cool place to minimize their self discharge.
    SOURCE

Some people will claim that freezing rechargeable NiCD or NiMH will help reduce "memory charges" in a battery and allow it to resume it's once full charge. This was a popular with many laptop owners of the day, before Li-Ion phased the remainder of NiCD/NiMH batteries out. "Charge Memory" happens when these batteries are not charged completely before usage or they are drained severely to a specific point, there is a chemical change that can render these batteries to provide less charge than they was designed to.

"Real Men Wii Standing Up"

Ads