LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

DO NOT buy ASiD Tech component cables

As I mentioned in another thread, I bought the first party component cables from Nintendo online when the Wii first came out in anticipation of getting a Wii right away. I wasn't able to get one for ages, and FINALLY bought one on Saturday. Well, now I can't find the component cables that I bought. I don't feel like waiting a week or whatever for new first party cables to ship, so I bought "ASiD Tech" component cables from Best Buy.

I just got home and tried them out, and they are HORRIBLE. Most of the colour is gone. I've tried both Super Mario 64 and Twilight Princess, and everything has a brown, faded look to it. Even things that should be vibrant red and blue, like Mario. The audio has a problem too, in that there is "feedback".

Oh how I wish I could just use my GCN component cables. This piece of garbage is one of the worst things I've ever bought, and is going right back to Best Buy.

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    I'll agree... I found the ASID cables had awful red lines every time the screen changed and the audio was terrible. I bought it originally, and had returned it to get the official cables which came out and sounded much better on my 42" LCD.

Ads