+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    D S
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8371-1413-5471-1722
    Modding the Wii is a great idea >__>
    If you have a modded system, you've added a bit of your own touch to the system, and most likely worked out some bugs Nintendo left in it.

Don't go around laughing at people who mod their systems. I also highly doubt Nintendo can just "check" your hardware over the net, unless they have their own chip(like the Xbox 360) That detects it, and self destructs, destroying a wire needed to mod it.
    Join -No External Links.

If you wish to add me as a "Wii Friend" PM me
    D S ~~Since 1992

Member #
    Friends
    3085-1225-3534-6165
    Quote Originally Posted by D S
    Modding the Wii is a great idea >__>
    If you have a modded system, you've added a bit of your own touch to the system, and most likely worked out some bugs Nintendo left in it.

Don't go around laughing at people who mod their systems. I also highly doubt Nintendo can just "check" your hardware over the net, unless they have their own chip(like the Xbox 360) That detects it, and self destructs, destroying a wire needed to mod it.
    Checking your hardware is as easy getting an IP from a Hotmail user. They can ban your MAC, and as your MAC number is unique in the whole world they can ban you.

Just like using for example a cracked .EXE for a PC game. You wonīt play the game again in internet is using the crackec one.

If people MOD there Wii, it doesnīt interest me. Just donīt think your superior because you can play all the "Pirate"games. Donīt call them backups. The games you play with a MODchip are pirate ones. With other words, you STEAL other peoples earning money.

People these day think they only have to pay for the system + a chip and then that the rest (the games/aplications) are free. I own 10 Wiigames since the launchdate (9/12) and I think every game is worth its money. Althought It would have been cheaper to buy a CHIP and make Copies, I rather have the originals......

Oh. to come back to the question of this Thread..... I wouldnīt mod the Wii, I rather would interchange your games with your friends.... This way you also can play a lot of games, without breaking up your account.
    Signed.Johny
    Wii (was the first and only client and the first who bought it on launchday,9/12/2006, waited 10 minutes) 2 Extra Wiiremotes Plus + 2 Nunchakus + CLassic Game Controller + 1GB SD + WiiFit + GH + Band Rock (drum + Guitar) + 2 micros + Dj Hero + 2 Toy Story Zap Guns + Lasergun + Wifi Keyboard + Family Trainer + WiiBike
    Games: Too many to sum here

Member #
    Friends
    you guys are pussies mod your wii man it pwnz

Member #
    Friends
    3085-1225-3534-6165
    Quote Originally Posted by arven
    you guys are pussies mod your wii man it pwnz
    Please explain. Cause you give me the impression of being a brad who just logs on to insult people.....

The idea of a forum is to help/inform people about the product. So if something asks something you explain your opinion. Not by insulting people and telling "mod your Wii".
    Signed.Johny
    Wii (was the first and only client and the first who bought it on launchday,9/12/2006, waited 10 minutes) 2 Extra Wiiremotes Plus + 2 Nunchakus + CLassic Game Controller + 1GB SD + WiiFit + GH + Band Rock (drum + Guitar) + 2 micros + Dj Hero + 2 Toy Story Zap Guns + Lasergun + Wifi Keyboard + Family Trainer + WiiBike
    Games: Too many to sum here

Where is your god now? zapasant's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    2887-9874-6238-6951
    go for it

PSN ID: zapasant93

Member #
    Friends
    0999-0322-0469-1717
    Quote Originally Posted by rtr1900
    ?? I am sure Nintendo will do the same as Microsoft did. It will ban all internetusers who have a MODChp installed. It isnīt difficult to know if your Wii has a MODChip or not. So as soon as your Wii connects to the Internet Nintendo will ban you.....

And also, as previous stated in other messages, if you have all the games, do you really apreciate every game? I donīt think so.

But let us make a deal, when you are banned from the internet, please post message so we all can laugh at all you people who have modded there Wii.....
    Actually WiiKey isn't like the XBox chip... The system itself doesn't detect that it's modded. So there's no chance of nintendo doing anything like Microsoft.

And also I do appreciate games. I just don't want to spend a hundred dollars on a game (I am not making this up. I live in iceland and it DOES cost that much!!). I didn't mod just for the free wii games. The homebrew feature is awesome, you can write a disc with media files (video and audio), also games from old consoles who we may never see on Virtual Console.
    Also America gets games long before europe. It's no way I would wait 5 months for a mario game, or BRAWL!!

Hope you understand, I don't want to start a fight or anything!
    ----------------
    Now playing: Imogen Heap - Hide and Seek
    via FoxyTunes
    Last edited by Elfman; 09-22-2007 at 07:39 PM.
    Wii stuff: Modded Wii, 2 wiimotes and nunchucks, 2 gamecube controllers
    Wii games: Wii Sports, Strikers, Rampage, WarioWare, Resident Evil 4, Metroid Prime 3, Super Paper Mario, Mario Party 8

D S
    Member #
    Friends
    8371-1413-5471-1722
    In cases like this, pirating the games are in my opinion, okay. Why should someone have to pay so much for a game, because they live somewhere. Some people might even consider that racism.
    Join -No External Links.

If you wish to add me as a "Wii Friend" PM me
    D S ~~Since 1992

Member #
    Friends
    i have a mod chip installed and no problems at all! just the everybody votes channel was stuffed but when i deleted the data it was fine. no worries.

Stupidname!Robot is right Rob the ro's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0656-9869-3378-0441
    Well. You all should think about it. Is it worth the risk or what?
    Me? I think it is fun with free games but, after you have played a bit, the game will become boring, right? Right? But if you buy it, you know you used youre own money on it and then, like my Loz: Tp, you dont want to finish it before you got: max money, max life, maybe even max ammo i dont know what type of game it is.

Take this advice from a Norwegian guy,
    dont buy a chip and mod your wii!
    Robin Lundh

Stupidname!Robot is right Rob the ro's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0656-9869-3378-0441
    Well. You all should think about it. Is it worth the risk or what?
    Me? I think it is fun with free games but, after you have played a bit, the game will become boring, right? Right? But if you buy it, you know you used youre own money on it and then, like my Loz: Tp, you dont want to finish it before you got: max money, max life, maybe even max ammo i dont know what type of game it is.

Take this advice from a Norwegian guy,
    dont buy a chip and mod your wii!
    Robin Lundh

Ads