LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

UK Wii Repair Turnaround

Sent my faulty Wii to the UK service centre last week and today they are saying they still do not have my console booked onto their system. Apparently this doesnt mean they havent received it, just that the package has not yet been opened and booked in.

What is the normal turnaround time to get a Wii repaired in the UK?

cheers

Member #
    Friends
    Hi,

I had my Wii picked up last Monday, this is the second time it's gone wrong in a few weeks so I refused to pay to send it back again. I know it arrived on the Wednesday as I had the tracking number. I had been told the current turnaround was 7 days but I rang CodeStorm yesterday and was told the Wii was not on the system and that it might have been sent to the repair centre in Coventry.

It seems they are repairing Wii's now rather than sending out new replacements, probably due to the sortage of Wii's.

I've got to ring them again tomorrow and find out where my Wii is.

I'm not impressed as the original Wii went wrong after 2 weeks (graphics overheat issue), the replacement went wrong after 3 weeks with the same graphics overheat damage.

Member #
    Friends
    Just spoke to CodeStorm again, the Wii that I sent back at the beginning of last, arrived and was signed for on the Wednesday has been sitting there for a week, yesterday they sent it to the repair centre in Birmingham. It looks like it will be another week before I get it back. If I hadn't rang them on Tuesday I think it would still be sitting there waiting to be sent to the repair centre.

At this rate it will have been with CodeStorm for longer than I've had it here, which is pathetic.

Am I just unlucky or is there a hardware design problem with the Wii ?, they seem to have quite a backlog of faulty consoles at CodeStorm, what sort of problems are others having ?.

Member #
    Friends
    Ive got the same problem as you (graphics overheat). I think when I get the wii back im gonna disable wiiconnect24 as it is reported that this is what is causing the problem.

I was told that this only affects the first few batches of the wii but it sounds as if that is rubbish if you only bought your wii a few weeks ago.

Member #
    Friends
    I'm also going to switch off WiiConnect24 when I get the repaired unit back, but I'm not convinced that is the problem as the previous replacment barely got warm when WiiConnect24 was on, and I was checking it regularly. I think the problem may be that it can't handle 480p mode, we'll see what happens with the next one.

I was annoyed when the first unit went wrong in such a short time, but I wasn't able to take it back to Argos for a replacement or refund as it's exempt from their usual returns policyI had to send it off to CodeStorm at my expense, and then waste time on the phone to them chasing it up.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    What i dont understand is that

iv had my wii since launch Dec 8th
    and have clocked up way way over 500 hours playtime on it, maybe like 800

and i leave it on24/7 on wii connect, and i leave discs in, and i dropped it twice and iv had npo problems with it

10 months, 800 hours, 24/7 wii connect, 2 drops and no problems wierd.

but im gonna buy one of them usb fans just incase

PSN daviduk2000

Gamertag daviduk2000

Member #
    Friends
    Are you using the 480p video mode ?.

Do you want to do a swap ?

Member #
    Friends
    Well, its now 10 days since I sent my wii in for repair and they still say it hasnt been checked into their system. Getting a bit woried now

Member #
    Friends
    It doesn't seem like they have a very good system in place at CodeStorm. When I rang up last Thursday they had found the Wii I sent that arrived a week earlier and had only just sent it off to the repair centre, it should have arrived at the repair centre on Thrusday.

I asked how they tracked the repair and how they would know when it was finished and they only seem to have an email connection to the repair centre. There must be quite a few units in for repair at the moment so I can't see how they will track them properly.

Once the unit has been repaired it should be sent back via DHL, that should be an improvement over ParcelFarce who returned the first unit as they are always late delivering stuff around here.

I'll be ringing CodeStorm again on Monday to see what the latest is.

Member #
    Friends
    well i hope that Nintendo of Europe can fix this problem because its seems that the pal wii's are having the problem. why dont TV's in Europe get made in NTSC format so it can work better and the same with the Wiis to be made in NTSC.
    Hey everyone it's me MRCOOLGH its been forever and a half since I came back on in fact its been at least a year and a half since I was here. Last time I visited Wiichat was 02-26-2008 and I'm gald to be back everyone!

Ads