Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Wii 2?

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Syntax
    I assume the new slogan for the second Wii shall be one of the following..

"Wii two would like to play" Or "Wii too would like to play"
    hehe, clever....clever

anyway...hmmmm, i dont know if i want to spend 250 bucks for a new one.........
    Im the next criss angle

he PWNS

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Furballer
    I'm fairly certain that the reason Nintendo sells HDMI cables is because the Wii can already support them...
    Link to Nintendo branded HDMI cable for the Wii?

Again - not to flog a horse that's already ground meat - the Wii video output port is POST D/A (Digital-to-Analog) conversion. It is ANALOG. You're not going to use a cable-only and magically get back to digital.

It will require some inline electronics like provided in this $200 solution by Gefen:

http://www.gefen.com/kvm/product.jsp?prod_id=4425

A firmware/OS level patch isn't going to change the fundamental hardware design. The X360 was patched to provide improved HD via COMPONENT (i.e., Analog). To get an HMDI capable 360 you have to buy one with the output specification designed into the hardware.

~DT
    "I want to be more like the ocean, no talking, all action"
    - Jane's Addiction

"Ga-blaaaaagh!!"
    - Liliane Eva

"The grammar corrections around here are officially old and tired."
    - Celeste

Member #
    Friends
    I dont get why they are worried about people getting tired. Graphics have nothing to do with the quality of the game. Final Fantasy 7 for he PS1 to this day remains my favorite game and it has horrible graphics. It's realy just not a big deal. I mean sure they're nice, but it's a luxury and it doesn't really matter.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by sagema
    The reason they made this comment is simple logic. In 2009(maybe later) they want to make it mandatory for everyone in the USA to own an HD TV. Otherwise we won't be able to watch TV. HD TVs are far from better than regular TVs, they lag, don't last as long, and are godly expensive. I feel better TVs are around the corner, forcing this down our throats shows what a start off failure HD has had in the US.

I bought a new TV last year and they can go to hell if they want me to sink $1000 on a HD TV in 2009. I'll buy it when I feel it's worth buying. I have bills to pay, entertainment is last on my list of things to spend money on.
    BTW, the FCC DTV 2009 transition which I believe is what you're referring to is just Digital - HD is not implied. Analog only sets will need a box (to be provided through your content provider), but HD capable is not part of the agreement.

So even if you have an old Sony 27" Trinitron, with an Analog tuner, with the proper box, you'll be able to watch subscribed TV or OTA.

~DT
    "I want to be more like the ocean, no talking, all action"
    - Jane's Addiction

"Ga-blaaaaagh!!"
    - Liliane Eva

"The grammar corrections around here are officially old and tired."
    - Celeste

Member #
    Friends
    3732-3369-2853-4491
    Quote Originally Posted by krisv2010
    dang i can't wait till that comes out, just think wii controls with good graphics that will be sweet.

Edit: i wonder if they'll somehow let us take our VC games off of our old wii and put them on the new one?
    they probably will. i cant see them screwing their customers over like that. you probably input your wii number and crap.
    Strikers FC:025884-970933
    RIP: Hidden in Plain View, Counterfit Pennies, The Early November

thanks to idjut for the sig!

Member #
    Friends
    6095-4862-1888-2565
    Whoever's saying the Wii 2 is coming out too soon is right. I mean the Wii just came out less then a year ago, and the Wii 2 is coming out in 2 years?! When the PS2 came out, the PS3 came out like at least 5 years after...

Happy Halloween!

Current Wii Stuff: 1 Wii console, 2 Wii remotes, 1 Nunchuck, 1 Remote Skin, MySims, WiiPlay, and WiiSports ^__^

[2007 XNickX Productions

Member #
    Friends
    3632-7782-7801-4679
    Quote Originally Posted by krisv2010
    dang i can't wait till that comes out, just think wii controls with good graphics that will be sweet.

Edit: i wonder if they'll somehow let us take our VC games off of our old wii and put them on the new one?
    u can save ur channels on a sd card so yeah u can
    like what mother always say,
    "If you have nothing nice to say,
    then don't say anytthing at all."

WiiChat Writer
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0409-5781-9484-0073
    I don't know why they would make a Wii 2 when it's almost the beginning of 2008 and yet, Wii consoles are still hard to find. It takes roughly 5-7 years before a new generation of consoles comes out. And looking at it, it will most likely come out 2012, or maybe even 2013 depending how time passes by.

What they could do is some kind of firmware update or maybe a add on of some kind for a boost in graphics or possibly some kind of online database like Xbox Live. I'd like that much better.

And saying it's Wii 2 is stretching it (according to the article), I'd say it's a big update instead.
    Last edited by RivalDestiny; 10-10-2007 at 01:43 PM.

Xbox Live: RivalDestiny
    PSN: RivalDestiny
    Wii FC: 0409 5781 9484 0073

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Furballer
    The Wii's graphics already have a higher-definition picture, as long as you use the HDMI cables you can buy for it. I have to say that with these cables, Link is about twice as sexy in Twilight Princess as he was without the cables =3 It's not 1080p, but it works just fine. The Wii was designed for GAMES, not interactive DVDs, like the PS3.
    Could you post a link to a place that sells HDMI cables for the Wii? I have never seen these.
    Last edited by laurie_lu; 10-10-2007 at 03:04 PM.

WiiChat Writer
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0409-5781-9484-0073
    Quote Originally Posted by laurie_lu
    Could you post a link to a place that sells HDMI cables for the Wii? I have never seen these.
    You may find them on Amazon or Ebay, or anywhere else where they sell Gaming Products

Xbox Live: RivalDestiny
    PSN: RivalDestiny
    Wii FC: 0409 5781 9484 0073

Ads