Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Wii 2?

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by RivalDestiny
    You may find them on Amazon or Ebay, or anywhere else where they sell Gaming Products
    +1 on what [DT] said...not possible
    both amazon and ebay return 0 results for "wii hdmi" and "nintendo hdmi"

Just That Great Extra Life Mushroom's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    3210-5733-2914-1432
    Guys the fact that this thread has grown this big is kinda pointless.

These were claims made by a analyst that are totally unconfirmed and ungrounded.
    There is no reason to believe that Nintendo would go with something as simple as a firmware upgrade to substantially increase the graphical capabilities of their console..it seems illogical that that is even possible considering this is the wii we're talking about here.

If you break down the wii it is made of mostly inexpensive technology that is utilized in a fun and appealing way. That is why so many MS/Sony fanboys claim its "novelty" will wear out. The accelerometers in the wiimotes that make it such a joy to use are terribly inexpensive.
    The system was not built to be the new X box 1 (by that I mean that at the time the x box 1's graphics card and rendering capbilities trumped the current generation of PC graphics cards). The wii can ALMOST match the xbox 1's graphics only there are still some complex renderers and shaders that reportedly the wii just doesn't have the muscle for.

The wii was made to be an affordable means to enjoying digital entertainment brought to you in a new way (not new i know but this has to be the first time I've seen motion sensitive gaming done right)

Even if it is true that nintendo is hard at work making their new HD console we still got a long time before it hits shelves. They most likely are trying to design it at the moment and before they do that they need to re-calculate their budget.
    Considering the fact that this is the most ambitious I've seen nintendo since the early 90's back in the 16-bit era, they have to get used to being the popular kind in town again.
    Their attempt at rivaling the ps1 with the n64, although it gave us some of the greatest games in history, failed. Then there was the Game cube with its mini-disc format that so many developers found unfriendly or hard to code for, failed mostly due to lack of 3rd party titles, as well as online support.

Now finally they get their shit together. They acknowledge the fact that there is an internet and have sold thousands of dollars in VC games.
    They still have yet to jump into the pool of serious online gaming but considering the commanding presence held by Microsoft in that arena can you blame them for being intimidated, and afraid to throw away millions on a move that if not received well could spell doom for their company?
    This is supposed to be their triumphant comeback, and if it is to be a success then they can't go all out making groundless promises. They can promise dvd-playback (which they haven't) but will you want it if means sacrificing half or a quarter (mere speculation) of your wii's internal memory to download this DVD channel? That would most likely hinder the amount of space you have left for other things like VC titles, Miis,ect. I think a external device would be a much more realistic alternative.
    Then you also have the issue of memory. The fact that MySims reportedly taxes the wii enough so that you can hear (what i presume is the fan) straining to keep up with the heat generated from the processors. This is going to become an issue if you simply wanted to update the graphics drivers overnight via patch, then how would you go about increasing the internal memory to have enough to support said graphics? Mandatory recall of all wiis? I think not.

The success of the wii is based off a simple formula..fun,inexpensive to buy/make,warm/inviting. That is the reason the wii does well. They finally took a gamble and had it pay off. Good for them. Now they need to strategies how to keep the success going using the unexpected success/profits from wii sales. They still haven't got it just right yet, but at least they're moving in the right direction again (finally).

So if HD is THAT important to you as a gamer and you simply MUST have Mario in Hi-Def then you're just gonna have to wait a bit longer until The Big N can afford to create a system built to support HD. But like Ninty said most people still have regular Tv's in the home so there is no reason as of yet to make the customer invest in HD technology when it isn't even he standard yet. Just wait till next-gen. Then we will have Hi-Def and hopefully a system with horsepower to rival that of the ps4 or new xbox (whatever they may call it)..just have patience, and faith and nintendo won't let you down.
    Last edited by Extra Life Mushroom; 10-10-2007 at 03:42 PM.

WiiChat Writer
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0409-5781-9484-0073
    Quote Originally Posted by gnahc79
    +1 on what [DT] said...not possible
    both amazon and ebay return 0 results for "wii hdmi" and "nintendo hdmi"
    My mistake, I forgot to add that they were component cables for HDTV's to enhance the visuals, instead of actual HDMI cables.

Xbox Live: RivalDestiny
    PSN: RivalDestiny
    Wii FC: 0409 5781 9484 0073

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by MRCOOLGH
    Congratulations mrpiddly your the biggest idiot in America. The wii is already way ahead of PS2 technology and excels in 80-85% of the first Xbox technology wise. its just that it has some problems in some areas so get your facts sthraight.

i think the even funnier part was that you thought i was serious.

On a side note, the wii is underpowered compared to other counsels. This does not mean that the wii has bad games. On the contrary, it has fun and creative games (or so others claim, i usually get bored of most wii games after an hour or two). It is creative though.

technology doesnt always win, yet i think that price does.

WiiChat Writer
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0409-5781-9484-0073
    Quote Originally Posted by mrpiddly
    i think the even funnier part was that you thought i was serious.

On a side note, the wii is underpowered compared to other counsels. This does not mean that the wii has bad games. On the contrary, it has fun and creative games (or so others claim, i usually get bored of most wii games after an hour or two). It is creative though.

technology doesnt always win, yet i think that price does.
    price, innovative, and positive feedback from consumers push the wii to new people. Reaching out to all ages, even the elders are playing wii sports =P. All Nintendo needs now is to bring us games that keep us hooked for hours.

Xbox Live: RivalDestiny
    PSN: RivalDestiny
    Wii FC: 0409 5781 9484 0073

Member #
    Friends
    7740-5070-1158-5119
    The Wii's current chipset can actually handel up to 720P i believe ( could be higher im not sure. ) Nintendo just chose to limit it to 480P (even tho they did it WRONG) because anything higher would cause a unstable FPS in games.
    Wii on 25/12/06 - Ps3 on 10/07/07

PSWii Owner
    Brawl: 1976-9887-4438 Bowser Player

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by PtonJalken
    The Wii's current chipset can actually handel up to 720P i believe ( could be higher im not sure. ) Nintendo just chose to limit it to 480P (even tho they did it WRONG) because anything higher would cause a unstable FPS in games.
    I think someone probably just looked at the framebuffer and calculated it can store a 1280x720 frame, but the fact that the system can't sustain the reference FPS really means it doesn't support higher than 480i/p (if support means within the reference specification).

Plus there's low level considerations about addressing the memory required to manage 720+, moving higher resolution textures, etc.

Do you have a link to any technical support documentation that discusses 720+ support?

(I'll also have to mention my standard 720-1080 issue through component with certain displays because of HDCP).

~DT
    "I want to be more like the ocean, no talking, all action"
    - Jane's Addiction

"Ga-blaaaaagh!!"
    - Liliane Eva

"The grammar corrections around here are officially old and tired."
    - Celeste

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Ads