LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

Strange Hardware problem on my 2nd Wii

Ok, I'm on my 2nd Wii. The first one's DVD drive started making a loud grinding noise and I got a refurb replacement through the advance replacement program... I thought I was fine until recently... This is what is going on:

I have three wireless controllers -- One Wavebird and two gamestop wireless gamecube controllers... Whenever I play a gamecube game, everything seems fine, but after a while, the right analog "c" stick will lock in a direction and the screen will rotate (camera rotate) in one direction. Sometimes I can fix it by turning off the remote and turning it back on -- sometimes not. It does it on all three controllers. I've replaced the batteries -- no dice...

The only thing I can think is there is something going on with the controller port for controller #1 in the Hardware because I have never had this issue with these controllers before -- ever...

If it is hardware, I'll be on my 3rd Wii. Apparently I'm a hardware Jinx because I'm about to be on my 3rd 360 as well. Same problem. Failed DVD drives...

Wiichats Idiot Identifier balrogs.pa's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0588-9206-9468-1123
    why not just get wired gamecube controllers...
    Mario Kart DS 438194819390
    People i respect on this forum: Atomic,Santa Claws,Frogger,Cyan,Levesque, Balrogs.pain, Shoko, MushroomedMario, sremick
    I make my avatars/signatures!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    how about because I have 3 wireless ones and they worked fine before? Why should wired or wireless matter? I didn't have this trouble before the "newly refurbished" wii. Wondering if anyone else has experienced something similar.

Member #
    Friends

Well...

Quote Originally Posted by kenn
    how about because I have 3 wireless ones and they worked fine before? Why should wired or wireless matter? I didn't have this trouble before the "newly refurbished" wii. Wondering if anyone else has experienced something similar.
    talk to nintendo and demand them to give you a brand new wii console and have them transfer your wiicode and VC account and your all set then.
    Hey everyone it's me MRCOOLGH its been forever and a half since I came back on in fact its been at least a year and a half since I was here. Last time I visited Wiichat was 02-26-2008 and I'm gald to be back everyone!

Ads