LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Wii or not to Wii rtr1900's Avatar
    Member #
    5367
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    234
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    3085-1225-3534-6165

    Component cable.... worth buying it?

    Hi everybody,

    I just bought yesterday the latest Philips 32" LCD TV. It support all the resolutions, from 480 until 1080 (i and p).
    Now I connected the Wii to it, and it looks great. But some games I have show EDTV/HDTV on the box. I suppose I need to buy a componentcable, as I am using the standard cable which came with the box (RCA with a Scart conector/converter).

    Now is it really worth buying the componentcable? Does it makes such a great different using it?

    Any opinion is welcome.

    Thx
    Signed.Johny
    Wii (was the first and only client and the first who bought it on launchday,9/12/2006, waited 10 minutes) 2 Extra Wiiremotes Plus + 2 Nunchakus + CLassic Game Controller + 1GB SD + WiiFit + GH + Band Rock (drum + Guitar) + 2 micros + Dj Hero + 2 Toy Story Zap Guns + Lasergun + Wifi Keyboard + Family Trainer + WiiBike
    Games: Too many to sum here

  2. Ads


  3. #2
    WiiChat Member laurie_lu's Avatar
    Member #
    34154
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    114
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Yes it makes a huge difference. At least it did on our 46in LCD HDTV. The one I bought was by Mad Catz and only cost $15 at Best Buy.

  4. #3
    Flawless Victory masonb15's Avatar
    Member #
    24274
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    291
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    2524-4702-5527-5865
    Of course component cables are worth it. I got mine for free with my Wiimote charger at Sam's Club.
    Spoiler Alert!

    MSC friend- 468259 850529


    Rep me if I help you, please.

  5. #4
    Naruto Uzumaki MRCOOLGH's Avatar
    Member #
    33242
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    306
    Friends
    1
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by rtr1900
    Hi everybody,

    I just bought yesterday the latest Philips 32" LCD TV. It support all the resolutions, from 480 until 1080 (i and p).
    Now I connected the Wii to it, and it looks great. But some games I have show EDTV/HDTV on the box. I suppose I need to buy a componentcable, as I am using the standard cable which came with the box (RCA with a Scart conector/converter).

    Now is it really worth buying the componentcable? Does it makes such a great different using it?

    Any opinion is welcome.
    Thx
    Of cours its worth it because there may be jagged lines on your HDTV when your playing your wii because its not adjusted to widesreen on RCA cables so buy component but remember when you buy it turn your wii on then go to settings and find the setting for the 480i/480p then set it to 480p and disconnect the RCA cables after you select it and put the component cables.
    Hey everyone it's me MRCOOLGH its been forever and a half since I came back on in fact its been at least a year and a half since I was here. Last time I visited Wiichat was 02-26-2008 and I'm gald to be back everyone!

  6. #5
    Wii or not to Wii rtr1900's Avatar
    Member #
    5367
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    234
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    3085-1225-3534-6165
    Thx you Laurie Lu, Masonb15 and MRCoolGh.

    I willgo and buy tomorrow the cable and plug it in!.

    Just one more question. If the game doesn´t support 480P (suppose some don´t), do I have to d-select it then (as stated by MrCoolGH) in the menu?

    Thx again all of you!
    Signed.Johny
    Wii (was the first and only client and the first who bought it on launchday,9/12/2006, waited 10 minutes) 2 Extra Wiiremotes Plus + 2 Nunchakus + CLassic Game Controller + 1GB SD + WiiFit + GH + Band Rock (drum + Guitar) + 2 micros + Dj Hero + 2 Toy Story Zap Guns + Lasergun + Wifi Keyboard + Family Trainer + WiiBike
    Games: Too many to sum here

  7. #6
    Gearhead Surf Coder [DT]'s Avatar
    Member #
    33107
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Vilano Beach, FL
    Posts
    1,329
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by rtr1900
    Thx you Laurie Lu, Masonb15 and MRCoolGh.

    I willgo and buy tomorrow the cable and plug it in!.

    Just one more question. If the game doesn´t support 480P (suppose some don´t), do I have to d-select it then (as stated by MrCoolGH) in the menu?

    Thx again all of you!
    Nope, that's all handled transparently (or at the game level). Once you're set for EDTV/480P you're set!
    "I want to be more like the ocean, no talking, all action"
    - Jane's Addiction

    "Ga-blaaaaagh!!"
    - Liliane Eva

    "The grammar corrections around here are officially old and tired."
    - Celeste

  8. #7
    Wii or not to Wii rtr1900's Avatar
    Member #
    5367
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    234
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    3085-1225-3534-6165
    Quote Originally Posted by [DT]
    Nope, that's all handled transparently (or at the game level). Once you're set for EDTV/480P you're set!
    THX!!! I can´t wait to get the better result!!!!
    Signed.Johny
    Wii (was the first and only client and the first who bought it on launchday,9/12/2006, waited 10 minutes) 2 Extra Wiiremotes Plus + 2 Nunchakus + CLassic Game Controller + 1GB SD + WiiFit + GH + Band Rock (drum + Guitar) + 2 micros + Dj Hero + 2 Toy Story Zap Guns + Lasergun + Wifi Keyboard + Family Trainer + WiiBike
    Games: Too many to sum here

  9. #8
    Wii or not to Wii rtr1900's Avatar
    Member #
    5367
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    234
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    3085-1225-3534-6165
    Quick question.....

    I have seen two type of cables in Store:
    COMPONENT
    COMPONENT AV

    Any difference?

    thx
    Signed.Johny
    Wii (was the first and only client and the first who bought it on launchday,9/12/2006, waited 10 minutes) 2 Extra Wiiremotes Plus + 2 Nunchakus + CLassic Game Controller + 1GB SD + WiiFit + GH + Band Rock (drum + Guitar) + 2 micros + Dj Hero + 2 Toy Story Zap Guns + Lasergun + Wifi Keyboard + Family Trainer + WiiBike
    Games: Too many to sum here

  10. #9
    Gearhead Surf Coder [DT]'s Avatar
    Member #
    33107
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Vilano Beach, FL
    Posts
    1,329
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by rtr1900
    Quick question.....

    I have seen two type of cables in Store:
    COMPONENT
    COMPONENT AV

    Any difference?

    thx
    Shouldn't be (as long as it's for the Wii), probably just different packaging (for different manufacturers) - Component is the specification, so as long as it says that, you should be good to go.

    I'm using a generic (branded) cable I got for ~$8 and it works perfect.
    "I want to be more like the ocean, no talking, all action"
    - Jane's Addiction

    "Ga-blaaaaagh!!"
    - Liliane Eva

    "The grammar corrections around here are officially old and tired."
    - Celeste

  11. #10
    Wii or not to Wii rtr1900's Avatar
    Member #
    5367
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    234
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    3085-1225-3534-6165
    Quote Originally Posted by [DT]
    Shouldn't be (as long as it's for the Wii), probably just different packaging (for different manufacturers) - Component is the specification, so as long as it says that, you should be good to go.

    I'm using a generic (branded) cable I got for ~$8 and it works perfect.
    THX.


    I saw the one of Nintendo for 30€, and then from the brand DERTECH, just 20€..... So if they are the same, I will go for the Dertech one.....

    Thx again!!!!

    " Oh boy, tonight I will see my wii at "480p"
    Signed.Johny
    Wii (was the first and only client and the first who bought it on launchday,9/12/2006, waited 10 minutes) 2 Extra Wiiremotes Plus + 2 Nunchakus + CLassic Game Controller + 1GB SD + WiiFit + GH + Band Rock (drum + Guitar) + 2 micros + Dj Hero + 2 Toy Story Zap Guns + Lasergun + Wifi Keyboard + Family Trainer + WiiBike
    Games: Too many to sum here

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Search tags for this page

are wii component cables worth it
,
component cable for wii worth it
,
component cables for wii worth it
,
is it worth buying component cables for my wii
,
is it worth getting component for wii
,
is the wii component cable worth it
,
metal slug component cables
,
wii 480p client
,

wii component cable worth it

,
wii component cables worth
,
worth buying component wii
,
worth getting wii u
Click on a term to search for related topics.