LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Probably IGN , since the logo was on the pictures.

Unofficial WiiChat Helper Link_of_Hyrule's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    7114-5214-3386-2022
    Nintendo has already stated that what was in those "gamecubes" was the wii guts that they just didn't have enough wii casings produced at the time to use them at the E3 trade show

Please PM me before adding me!

Member #
    Friends
    4532-8683-6668-7765
    I don't mind them using it. They were still in development and i can understand. At least they showed us what they had so far

prez , you suck :p in touch with the wii's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    5767-9309-0719-3080
    i knew that the graphics were bad but the game play was just heavenly and with improved graphics it will be great

Member #
    Friends
    come on a multi billion dollar company wont make mistakes as these...

i think its fake and that somebody put the ign logo there as i havent seen this on ign

your telling me they didnt have one wii to play with??? come on peeps think?!?!?
    360PS3 FTW!!

Member #
    Friends
    will se the truth in 19days and 8hrs

In the making

Turkish RPG Master RPGMasterTurk91's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    after the E3 show, the Wii was not completely finished yet. so wat u saw there is oging to be better, since time brought on more development within the console itself in the past few months. as of right now, the Wii has been completed for a while; alls this means when the blind kid received the Wii is that the Wii is indeed finished, but the release date occurs past when its completed so that more Wiis could be in production until they meet the 4,000,000 quota when it can then go out to stores. this doesnt necessarily mean that they cant work on future projects for the Wii like packages and what not, however.
    "Many religions within a nation causes little conflict, but two religions within a nation is nothing less than conflict."
    "If you can speak three languages, you are trinomial. If you can speak two languages, you are binomial. If you can speak one language, you are American."
    "Speak softly and carry a big stick"--Theodore Roosevelt. Haha describes me nicely.

SSBB: 0602-5954-4722 CURRENTLY RETIRED FROM ONLINE PLAY AND VIDEO GAMES IN GENERAL

Member #
    Friends
    companies often use incomplete dev kits in shows, the game in loaded into memory to avoid loading times (unless they are showing off fast loading time )

ign have received their complete wii (the review version, with green front) minus connect24 feature (because it isnt live yet) - bang goes the unfinished ATi card theory as their memory had game saves stored

in the last e3 sony where using dev kits is rack mount form

with only a few days before us release, the console must have gone through some official testing for wifi protocols (for the strict wifi compatablity laws)

even if the pics arent fake, then the 1st photo could well be the wii in dev kit form, and the GCs could be at the front of the stage for any reason

i would say it is more complete than the ps3 is and has a more definitive release schedule

--

i do remember Intel where shown to use Amiga 4000+video toaster for some presentations in a show... lol

Member #
    Friends
    Nintendo has already stated that they only had Dev kits available and that they had not completely configured how everything was going to fit inside the wii casing. This is really a non-issue. It was so long ago...

And don't get your hopes up that those were merely GC graphics and that the wii will be better. Thats not how it works. it was the GC casing with Wii technology. Simple as that, and there's no shame in doing that. It's about the technology. Not the shape of the casing.

Member #
    Friends
    hey

I quite certainly think that the games shown at E3 of this year wouldn't have shown much of the Nintendo Wii's real graphical capabilities.

I think for many of these first batch of games, developers would be quite careful about not to over do the graphics, as to ensure games would run well, and maybe to lower development time.

I think I have recently been reading news about graphical tweaks for certain games (or maybe it was just Red Steel?), which maybe a sign of things to come, I dunno... I think that as developers get to know the Wii Hardware in a practical sense, then they will get to know the limits and hopefully the graphics will get better.

Finally, I'm quite pleased with the graphics I've seen so far... and I must say I'd prefer games with unique/fun gameplay and ordinary graphics, over games with ordinary gameplay and great graphics.

cyas

Ads