LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

How to fix a certain disc load error

My little boy put a little too much weight on the front of my Wii, where the disc loads. There was a disc in the system and as it turns out, the loading mechanism loads the disc and then places two rather flimsy metal tabs in front of the slot to prevent you from trying to load any other games.

What I found was that I could load Gamecube discs just fine, but Wii discs wouldn't load because the tabs that are meant to prevent you from loading another disc were preventing the Wii disc from spinning/loading. I would get a message to remove the disc, turn of the Wii and consult the manual.

I can't find an image of the front of the disc mechanism, as a photo would really help clear this up. At any rate, if you load a disc and then use your finger to slightly pry open the slot and move the felt away, you'll see two bare metal tabs. These tabs seem to be pretty flimsy and are easily bent. I used a flat head screwdriver to pull the tabs away from the inside of the Wii while a gamecube disc was loaded, now my Wii discs work again.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by mym6
    My little boy put a little too much weight on the front of my Wii, where the disc loads. There was a disc in the system and as it turns out, the loading mechanism loads the disc and then places two rather flimsy metal tabs in front of the slot to prevent you from trying to load any other games.

What I found was that I could load Gamecube discs just fine, but Wii discs wouldn't load because the tabs that are meant to prevent you from loading another disc were preventing the Wii disc from spinning/loading. I would get a message to remove the disc, turn of the Wii and consult the manual.

I can't find an image of the front of the disc mechanism, as a photo would really help clear this up. At any rate, if you load a disc and then use your finger to slightly pry open the slot and move the felt away, you'll see two bare metal tabs. These tabs seem to be pretty flimsy and are easily bent. I used a flat head screwdriver to pull the tabs away from the inside of the Wii while a gamecube disc was loaded, now my Wii discs work again.
    Wow pretty amazing. things is those tow brackets are called the slot brackets, it makes sure that the disc stays in the right position and that second disc dont get inputed. you should try to make sure your kids checks if there are other disc in the system before inputing another game.
    Hey everyone it's me MRCOOLGH its been forever and a half since I came back on in fact its been at least a year and a half since I was here. Last time I visited Wiichat was 02-26-2008 and I'm gald to be back everyone!

Member #
    Friends
    Actually my kid is just a year old, he was just crawling around and tried to crawl on top of it. See, as a 1 year old, he doesn't get yet that you can go around things, he just goes over things

Member #
    Friends
    2482-6460-3144-9934
    Quote Originally Posted by mym6
    Actually my kid is just a year old, he was just crawling around and tried to crawl on top of it. See, as a 1 year old, he doesn't get yet that you can go around things, he just goes over things
    Lucky you didn't have an XBOX 360 instead then, the poor little guy would have been incinerated from the over heating

-=Join The Waluigi Fan Club=-

Spoiler Alert!

52 Members and still growing!

Ads