LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Auntphil
    I use the Nintendo WiFi adapter and it works great for me. The WiFi runs off the internet on the computer so you shouldn't have any problems. The only reason it won't work is if you are too far away from the WiFi connector. Mine is on the opposite side of my house and it still works great
    Does it really get as hot as people say it does after awhile?

(The fact that the strength is good is awesome, cause my wii is like 4 feet away from my computer. )

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    3436-6472-2075-6064
    It gets warm but it won't catch on fire. But that doesn't bother me because it does what i need it to do. I have it connected to the back of my computer with an USB extension to move it away from my computer tower. And i never remove it from my computer. If its that close to the wii you should have no problem at all.
    Zelda best series ever!

"The probability of life originating from accident is comparable to the probability of the unabridged dictionary resulting from an explosion in a printing factory" - Prof. Edwin Conklin, Princeton University
    Now tell me christianity is wrong

Member #
    Friends
    8420-0141-9022-6948
    Quote Originally Posted by Auntphil
    It gets warm but it won't catch on fire. But that doesn't bother me because it does what i need it to do. I have it connected to the back of my computer with an USB extension to move it away from my computer tower. And i never remove it from my computer. If its that close to the wii you should have no problem at all.
    How long have you had the USB dongle?

Mine went ka-put within around the 6 months mark (possibly 7 or 8).

Also, I assume that you're using the USB 2.0.

Lastly, bc92188, you may do better with the dongle on second thoughts. It's relatively easy to install, and doesn't require anything else.

My LAN thing is done through my router, and since you don't have one, that may be a problem (although reportedly you can do it straight through your computer, you might just need a slightly different cable to the one provided (but those can be picked up cheap - judging from other people's experience)).

Mail me if you want to add me on either the Wii or the 360.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Squall7
    How long have you had the USB dongle?

Mine went ka-put within around the 6 months mark (possibly 7 or 8).

Also, I assume that you're using the USB 2.0.

Lastly, bc92188, you may do better with the dongle on second thoughts. It's relatively easy to install, and doesn't require anything else.

My LAN thing is done through my router, and since you don't have one, that may be a problem (although reportedly you can do it straight through your computer, you might just need a slightly different cable to the one provided (but those can be picked up cheap - judging from other people's experience)).
    Well, if there is no trouble with the dongle using USB 2.0, then I should be fine with it, and I don't think I'll have too many connection troubles with it cause it'll be like 4 feet away from my Wii.

Member #
    Friends
    3436-6472-2075-6064
    i've had mine for 2 months now it still works great. And yes I am using USB 2.0 with it.
    Zelda best series ever!

"The probability of life originating from accident is comparable to the probability of the unabridged dictionary resulting from an explosion in a printing factory" - Prof. Edwin Conklin, Princeton University
    Now tell me christianity is wrong

Ads