LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

WiFi or LAN Adapter?

Whenever I buy Guitar Hero III next week, I am going to be getting either a WiFi or LAN adapter to go with it, because there are no wireless networks around me. I like the concept of the WiFi adapter because my computer is next to my Wii, and the LAN adapter would require me to transfer my ethernet cable every time I wanted to play online.

I was just wondering if anyone had experience with either of these products and could tell me which one would be the better deal for me to get?

Billy Talent is awesomest zurukea's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    I got all 3 sorta, My friend got a WiFi adapter, I got wireless and cousin got Lan. A wireless router is by far best, user friendly, works all the time, faster, get a router
    Add me on Animal Crossing City Folk! = D

Name: Brandon
    Town: Smiley
    AC:CF Friend Code: 0001-8968-6109

I'm slowly but surely working on building the Perfect town, I would appreciate it if you could give me any spare flowers you have, Just leave them anywhere = D

Member #
    Friends
    8420-0141-9022-6948
    Quote Originally Posted by zurukea
    I got all 3 sorta, My friend got a WiFi adapter, I got wireless and cousin got Lan. A wireless router is by far best, user friendly, works all the time, faster, get a router
    That's completely subjective.

Many people have ahd trouble with all 3. I'm personally on LAN adaptor and mine works perfectly.

I would advise you not to get the Wifi dongle though, heats up like supernova and is sometimes unreliable.

Router would be advisable, so long as you're tech savvy enough to get it up and working.

If you don't feel confident setting up a wireless router, I'd go for the LAN.

Mail me if you want to add me on either the Wii or the 360.

Billy Talent is awesomest zurukea's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Good point, i gotta stop asumeing* everyone is a nerd like me
    Add me on Animal Crossing City Folk! = D

Name: Brandon
    Town: Smiley
    AC:CF Friend Code: 0001-8968-6109

I'm slowly but surely working on building the Perfect town, I would appreciate it if you could give me any spare flowers you have, Just leave them anywhere = D

Member #
    Friends
    Routers are the most reliable.
    Wii games: Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3, Resident Evil 4, Zelda TP, SSX: Blur, Excite Truck, The Godfather, and Mario Kart Wii
    PC games: Call of Duty 4, Halo 1, UT3, F.E.A.R., and The Orange Box.
    PS3 games: Ratchet and Clank F.T.O.D., Resistance 2, Wipeout HD, and MGS4.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by zurukea
    Are you nuts? There is NOTHING faster than a hard wired connection... If you can and couldn't care less about switching every time then just get the Lan adaptar, I am sure they sell switch boxes some where if you really get annoyed by it... Lan adapter is the way to go, I used to just use the wifi cause I have a wifi router but I decided why not use the cord that runs up to my room. So much better and nothing interferes with a wired connection. All sorts of things can mess with a wireless connection. It's just not the most stable thing obviously.
    Battalion Wars FC: 189 093 449 178

Member #
    Friends
    The only problem is, I don't really have the money for the router, and I might have trouble with the LAN connection because it's going through my campus network and I couldn't connect with my PS2, and my friend's 360 had trouble connecting through the campus network too. That's why I'm mostly considering the WiFi adapter right now. I'm just trying to make sure I am choosing the right thing.

Member #
    Friends
    8420-0141-9022-6948
    Quote Originally Posted by bc92188
    The only problem is, I don't really have the money for the router, and I might have trouble with the LAN connection because it's going through my campus network and I couldn't connect with my PS2, and my friend's 360 had trouble connecting through the campus network too. That's why I'm mostly considering the WiFi adapter right now. I'm just trying to make sure I am choosing the right thing.
    Surely any Wifi adaptor would have to go through your internet connection too, and therefore pose the exact same problem?

So, I assume that you're in "halls" of sorts?

Mail me if you want to add me on either the Wii or the 360.

Member #
    Friends
    Yeah, but doesn't the WiFi adapter just use the connection from my computer? 'Cause my computer connects to the internet fine, I think it's just game systems that have the trouble.

Member #
    Friends
    3436-6472-2075-6064
    Quote Originally Posted by bc92188
    Yeah, but doesn't the WiFi adapter just use the connection from my computer? 'Cause my computer connects to the internet fine, I think it's just game systems that have the trouble.
    I use the Nintendo WiFi adapter and it works great for me. The WiFi runs off the internet on the computer so you shouldn't have any problems. The only reason it won't work is if you are too far away from the WiFi connector. Mine is on the opposite side of my house and it still works great
    Zelda best series ever!

"The probability of life originating from accident is comparable to the probability of the unabridged dictionary resulting from an explosion in a printing factory" - Prof. Edwin Conklin, Princeton University
    Now tell me christianity is wrong

Ads