LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

New Lego Zapper solves zapper problems

I borrowed my cousins Wii and have been playing Far Cry. It was fun, but it bugged me pointing a remote at the screen.

The tv is in the toy room so I reached for whatever was in arms reach and came up with this. It makes shooting a lot funner but changing weapons is a little bit of a pain.

The more realistic feel far outweighs the pain of having to use your left hand to change weapons. I usually just use two pistols anyway.

I am not sure how to post a picture of it, I am trying to do it as an attachment.
    I just taped it on with some scotch tape. It is also available in yellow, blue, and green.

I just want to rant a little now. Is it so hard for people to come up with a decent zapper?

To me is would be small, like the lego handle. You would move the cross thing down onto the side of the grip where it is on a high end flight sim joystick and put the 1 and 2 buttons within reach of the thumb as well. The whole thing could clip on and replace the battery door and have a reinforced thing that straps over the top or something.

To me, it doesn't seem that hard to make so why is everything out their so crappy. Yes the remote might have to clip into it to make the new buttons work, but you could make another port out the bottom for the nunchuk.

I was way excited when I learned that a system was coming out where you could point at the screen and shoot in a FPS, but I don't think anyone has nailed it down yet.

I haven't played many Wii games yet, but I read that Far Cry is as close to good controls as you can get. It is pretty good.

I wish that the closer to the edge you get with the remote the faster the guy would look/turn. That way you wouldn't turn the remote sideways trying to get him to turn faster. Just a thought for developers.

Anyways, if you haven't already, try the Lego Zapper. It's an improvement and most likely you already own one.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New Lego Zapper solves zapper problems-legozap.jpg  

Member #
    Friends
    That looks pretty cool for a simple design. Nicely done.

The key to immortality is first living a life
    worth remembering. - Bruce Lee

PSN ID: Byuakuya

Member #
    Friends
    3517-9799-4262-2418
    It's simple and it works... you my friend wouldn't make it one day as an engineer

nice work

kyle

I am fast. To give you a reference point, I'm somewhere between a snake and a mongoose. And a panther.
    ~Argue for your limitations,and they're yours...
    -Feel free to add my wii and send me a message and i'll add you back
    -Mario Strikers Charged: 442495 403215
    -MoH: H2 Persona- DexterMorgan114

Member #
    Friends
    7176-0427-8025-3783
    I actually like it. Thanks for the idea I am going to try it now on my call of duty

Venom

Ads