LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
  1. #1
    WiiChat Member Andrakis_Scarr's Avatar
    Member #
    2608
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Queensland, Australia
    Posts
    84
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    7223-7031-2631-4774

    Wifi & Access Points

    I am looking at getting an Access Point for my network at home so I can use the wifi feature on the wii and also so I can roam with my laptop. Any ideas on what is good? Should I go for the 54mb/s (which is fine for my laptop) or the 108mb/s (does the wii even support this speed?)?

  2. Ads


  3. #2
    Junior Member jakke's Avatar
    Member #
    643
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    29
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

  4. #3
    WiiChat Member Andrakis_Scarr's Avatar
    Member #
    2608
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Queensland, Australia
    Posts
    84
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    7223-7031-2631-4774
    Not really. I am looking more at getting a wifi access point at this stage as I already have a router. However, I've been doing some research and a lot of people are having trouble with the Nintendo DS's wifi and using Access Points. I'll keep looking into it, otherwise I'll follow your/threads suggestion and just go for a new network.

    Anyone know what speed wifi the wii is going to have (11/54/108mbps)?

  5. #4
    WiiChat Member infernocs's Avatar
    Member #
    1078
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    159
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    I'we been setting up a few wireless networks at work and for some friens and I can tell you that Buffalo acess points are the best, I'we tried D-link, A-link and Zyxel but those are total crap.

    Oh yeah, almost forgot.
    The official Nintendo Wi-fi USB adapter sold is actually a Buffalo adapter so using Buffalo would in my opinion be the best choice.

  6. #5
    WiiChat Member infernocs's Avatar
    Member #
    1078
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    159
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrakis_Scarr
    Not really. I am looking more at getting a wifi access point at this stage as I already have a router. However, I've been doing some research and a lot of people are having trouble with the Nintendo DS's wifi and using Access Points. I'll keep looking into it, otherwise I'll follow your/threads suggestion and just go for a new network.

    Anyone know what speed wifi the wii is going to have (11/54/108mbps)?
    Its 54Mb "g"

  7. #6
    WiiChat Member white89gt's Avatar
    Member #
    2356
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    87
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Go for any name brand 802.11b/g capable router. I've used several Netgear wireless routers and they're alright. The best are Cisco, but you're going to pay for them. Right now the one I have at home is an Apple Airport Express base station and it works flawlessly most of the time. When it starts giving problems I just give it a quick reboot. If I had it all to do over again I'd get the Cisco, but I a technology geek.
    #1 on the list for a Wii

  8. #7
    Junior Member jakke's Avatar
    Member #
    643
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    29
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Buffalo is the right way to go

  9. #8
    dds
    dds is offline
    WiiChat Member dds's Avatar
    Member #
    2424
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    263
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    shouldnt any of the approved wifi routers on the ds site work for the wii

  10. #9
    WiiChat Member infernocs's Avatar
    Member #
    1078
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    159
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by white89gt
    Go for any name brand 802.11b/g capable router. I've used several Netgear wireless routers and they're alright. The best are Cisco, but you're going to pay for them. Right now the one I have at home is an Apple Airport Express base station and it works flawlessly most of the time. When it starts giving problems I just give it a quick reboot. If I had it all to do over again I'd get the Cisco, but I a technology geek.
    The more consumer friendly Cisco products are sold under the "Linksys" brand.

  11. #10
    Wii online moderator registerednerd's Avatar
    Member #
    249
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Missouri, United States
    Posts
    1,054
    Friends
    1
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by dds
    shouldnt any of the approved wifi routers on the ds site work for the wii
    The ones recommended for the DS were "B" routers. The Wii will be compatible with the much faster "G" standard. Some of the routers recommended for the DS may support the full speed of the Wii, some may not. Look for the ones that are G compatible.
    ... but what do I know?...
    Not currently accepting friend adds.

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Similar Threads

  1. Wii Play High Scores
    By Wiily Good in forum Nintendo Wii Gaming
    Replies: 243
    Last Post: 02-02-2013, 10:48 AM
  2. Access points
    By keldrona in forum Nintendo Wii Online
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-10-2007, 11:18 PM
  3. All or some virtual console games coming out soon or already out!!!
    By $$Mr.Elf$$ in forum Virtual Console, WiiWare and DSIWare
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-22-2007, 04:06 AM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-04-2007, 11:50 AM
  5. *Updated Daily* List of VC Games
    By RivalDestiny in forum Virtual Console, WiiWare and DSIWare
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-05-2007, 01:08 PM

Search tags for this page

access point for wii

,
can an access point be used for wifi on a wii?
,
how do you fing the asses point to go online with your wii
,
how to find an access point for wii
,
how to setup access point for wii
,
no access point for wifi on wii?
,
whar do you do if you cant get a sccess point on you wii
,

what is a wii access point

,
what to do when your wii cant find the access point
,

wii access point

,

wii not finding access point

,
wii will not find access point
Click on a term to search for related topics.