LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

Did wii lose out on better games?

I noticed that most of the FPS reviews I have read for the wii all pretty much say "To many controls packed into too few buttons".

Then I noticed Call of Duty 4 wasn't being released on the Wii even though the Wii Console has outsold the 360 and PS3 manyfold. I hope they come out with a "Wiii". As easy to use an alternate wand with more buttons for non-simple games. There would be no need to get a different wand unless you were playing complesx games like COD4 etc.

I know they have a controller, but i really like the wand\nunchuck. Also maybe a 40 gig laptop HardDrive and decent VideoCard.

The problem with the Wii hasn't been the price, its the 'Last Gerenation" graphics. i think if they came out with the additions where the wand would be 50 instead of 40 retail and the console came with a standard controller with a little better video and a harddrive. It could sell for 300 easy (40 for HD 40 for better video card). I would buy one today. I think most Wii FPS-Players would.

Member #
    Friends
    3099-0319-5478-2979
    Well I wouldn't say that.
    Controls I have used are pretty easy.

And critics praised Metroid's FP controls.
    So it hasn't all been bad.

CantGetAWii
    ProudWii60Owner

'I don't want to go back, I want a new day & age.'

Retired Moderator-[PM]

Brawl FC: 4682-8172-0512 [PM for add]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumn0ob
    So all we have to do to become mods is be online all time I can do that on break which is now

Member #
    Friends
    pfft there are plenty of buttons we got waggle.

waggle counts as like. . . an analog stick and a button or two.

If you get the right games the graphics aren't that bad jeez. MP3 looks great, i thought SSX: Blur looked pretty good, Galaxy looks amazing.
    Wii games: Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3, Resident Evil 4, Zelda TP, SSX: Blur, Excite Truck, The Godfather, and Mario Kart Wii
    PC games: Call of Duty 4, Halo 1, UT3, F.E.A.R., and The Orange Box.
    PS3 games: Ratchet and Clank F.T.O.D., Resistance 2, Wipeout HD, and MGS4.

Member #
    Friends
    8420-0141-9022-6948
    Quote Originally Posted by irTech
    The problem with the Wii hasn't been the price, its the 'Last Gerenation" graphics.
    Utter crap. I'm sorry, but the "last generation graphics" allowed it to be used by an expanded audience. While you may think it's a flaw, you're completely and utterly wrong. It's a feature. It forces developers to make more interesting games and it allows the price point to be low (at least initially, the Wii is selling like hot-cakes, and so there's no reason for a price drop).

Mail me if you want to add me on either the Wii or the 360.

Member #
    Friends
    And to be fair, when done correctly, the Wii can outdo the previous generation when it comes to graphics.

Member #
    Friends
    4614-1471-6665-4276
    ^ thats true. to the person who made this thread, wii doesnt need buttons it has motion controls. it has 6 buttons, a analog stick and a d-pad(cotrol pad). you want a standard controller... that would be a step back...i think most people that have the wii would agree thats a bad idea. want something that looks like a standard controller get the classic controller, you can use it with ports and ssbb.

Member #
    Friends
    Wii is roughly equal to Xbox in terms of graphical power, just the games don't seem to really be using it yet. Some developers may have gotten into the hype of "graphics don't matter"... true in some respects, but it also shouldn't be used as an excuse when the game looks bad.

Gamecube suffered for ports thanks to having fewer controller buttons than their competitors(some games would be impossible to port thanks to the control setup) as well as the smallest disc capacity. TP was a big game but made use of a lot of texture re-use and rendering cutscenes in realtime with no FMVs, as well as no voice acting.
    Do you have a Target exclusive TP Zelda sword and shield set you'd want to sell? Contact me if you do.

Member #
    Friends
    2328-3260-7811-1534
    I find it amusing when people reference the Wii as "previous generation" simply because it lacks High Definition or it's hardware seems meager to it's HD counter parts. What makes it even more amusing is the simple fact that while the propaganda likes to routinely report the transitional change of standard definition to be rendered history, the simple fact remains that the SDTV (at least in the U.S.) still maintains the majority.

The reason for this is that we still are able to pickup a SDTV near half price or more of it's HDTV counterpart, and most of those everyday consumers don't see enough bang for there buck to pay so much more for so little. Sure once you own one and get used to it you can see a difference, but the price you pay for it isn't enough for what most people consider worth the change. Keep in mind that the DVD player only recently phased out the VHS, and it came down to the DVD player actually to be provided cheaper than the VHS in order to do it.

With that in mind, and Nintendo pushing it's casual market, and the only logical thing to do was to tailor a system that catered to this casual market. So Nintendo's designers probably realized that while popular trend in the digital media market is to continue the push for high definition, however the logical and practical idea was to offer there next-gen system geared to there desired market. Expensive high-definition support just isn't that practical or common enough to meet the demands of the potential casual gamer, not to mention too much unneeded complications and price.

So what we have is an innovative, simple, cheap, effective, yet powerful little console that even grandma can enjoy. The only thing "previous" about it is that it's primary support for SDTV verses HDTV, aka against the trend, and the power in comparison seems fractional because of this. Even downgrading back to SDTV requires ample amount of processing, so really the Wii is in alignment with the standard if the standard didn't make a somewhat pre-mature jump to HD.

I guess it really depends on your market preference.

"Real Men Wii Standing Up"

Member #
    Friends
    If I wanted first person shooters i'd stick to a computer.

Member #
    Friends
    0423-8829-8601-2645
    personally. the only game I want on the new consoles in gta4, but wouldn't be happy to sacrifice the graphics in order to play it on the wii. Generally, I agree graphics dont matter too much, but it does help. Me atleast.
    I think the wii is great for FPS games, due to the wiimote having accuracy more like a mouse - rather than an analogue stick, which i never got on with for FPS games. I'd love to play games like Time Crisis on the wii as well as off rails fps.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Ads