Good day everyone! New member here in your community, and hoping I can trouble a few of you for some advice/input.
I'm awaiting delivery of a Wii that I've picked up for the family, and want to make sure that the family 'launch' day is successful. Here is the link to what I've purchased Click Here.
I'm wondering if you could confirm what accessories/extras I should be out shopping for so that I'm ready to roll when the system arrives. Here are my initial thoughts:
- 2 more controllers (4 in the family)
- Sensor Bar? I'm not sure if my purchase comes with one, but if not do I need one?
- controller charging station? I have a high quality charger already so perhaps I'm better off just using that
- Component Cables for my HDTV
- Audio?? - Coaxial or Fiber an option? If not, how are you getting the RCA Red/White audio cables over to your Audio Receiver? (I don't want to use my TV speakers for audio)
- network - I have high speed DSL and a wireless router - do I need anything else?
- Entertaining Game for a group of Adults.. I'm thinking Wii Sports or Play might be a good start?
- Kids - they are almost 7y and 5y - Mario Party perhaps?
- Me - I'm still a kid I'm thinking of picking up GH III for myself, it looks like a lot of fun. I'm not into FPS or Strat games, and will pass on Zelda as I have an MMORPG I'm very engaged in already. Something like Mario Kart, and Super Mario type games would be up my alley
From what I've seen so far trolling the fourms, it seems like you have a great community here. I'm looking forward to getting our new console and exchanging post here.
Take care all.. and thanks in advance for the advice/insight.