Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    1606-9696-7776-6446

External Memory Denied

So i was watching Ninja Warrior today on G4 and every once in a while they'll post the latest news in entertainment and what not.

One that caught my eye said that nintendo is making No plays to make an External hard drive. that's the gist of it. I searched the internet and found an article confirming what i had seen

Nintendo dismisses Wii hard-disk talk
    'Who needs it?'
    By Luke Guttridge
    1 November 2007

Nintendo has once again put to bed suggestions that a Wii hard-disk could - and perhaps should - be in en route. In fact, the platform holder insists that despite gamers bemoaning the console's limited memory capacity, there is no need for game data to be stored within the Wii.

"The way that we look at it is, we really don't want people storing every single game they buy on their drive," responded Nintendo of America PR manager, Eric Walter.

"When you buy a game, it's yours forever, so you can delete it, and go back and get it at any time you want. In a way, we liken it to putting music on your iPod; you listen to it for a while, and then you get tired of it, and you pull it off, and you put some new stuff on."

Walter's answer is unlikely to appease the clamours, however, particular from gamers used to space issues related to multiple games, and of course Virtual Console downloads. Indeed, it seems likely that Nintendo are working on a larger storage solution, but given this PR chap's response, we'd say it's some way off.
    http://play.tm/story/14249

I don't actually own an Ipod, but if i were to put my collection of music onto one
    1) I would get one big enough for my collection and
    2) i wouldn't delete it off. If i bought the CD, I LIKE THE SONGS. thus, i don't ever get tired of it. Why the hell would i want to keep re adding something whenever the mood strikes me anyways. Too much effort for me. It's there at all times, for whenever i DO feel like playing a game or music. Whenever i'm not in the mood for it, i know that it's there, waiting for me whenever i need my fix.

Comparing themselves to the Ipod was pretty much stupid. thats what i think.

Other than that, the Memory issue doesn't really bother me all that much (right now), but i know some of you on this forum have this issue. thought i'd post this for you guys.
    EA Persona: JohnPetrucci
    BWii FC: 210 568 264 047 PM me if you add me

Newest Wii Purchase: Wii Zapper/Links Crossbow Training, Super Mario Strikers Charged

2. Ads

An Instant Classic LevesqueIsKing's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    I'm actually happy about this news.

I wouldn't have bought a harddrive unless something in Brawl needed it. Now that I know it won't, I'm glad. I have an SD Card and I haven't even used a quarter of the Wii's memory.

Not to fit a mold,

Not to join a trend,

Not to follow a crowd

Member #
    Friends
    i think a harddrive is a good idea. i have all the channels and 5 vc games. i have lots of vids and music on my sd card so i'm running out of room. my internet is slow so it takes FOREVER to download vc games so it isn't worth deleting them. you can easily run out of money buying sd cards a £15 a time so hurry up and get it made nintendo!

An Instant Classic LevesqueIsKing's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    ^Yes, I can see how this would be a huge disappointment to many people.

However, I have only about 5 games, no VC titles and no Music/Vids (until such channels are given to us) and so the Wii's memory will be plenty for my games/channels (all I'm using it for) and the SD's memory will be plenty for Brawl (all I'll use it for).

Perfect

Not to fit a mold,

Not to join a trend,

Not to follow a crowd

Member #
    Friends
    4838-4569-0037-4370
    Quote Originally Posted by tomass999
    i think a harddrive is a good idea. i have all the channels and 5 vc games. i have lots of vids and music on my sd card so i'm running out of room. my internet is slow so it takes FOREVER to download vc games so it isn't worth deleting them. you can easily run out of money buying sd cards a 15 a time so hurry up and get it made nintendo!

how do you play videos on your wii? i know you can play music through the picture channel but, videos?

and i think a hard drive is a good idea because what about the people who have really slow internet and don't think its worth it to delete games and download them later when they want to play them again.

and nintendo should put a update on the wii that allows you to use external hard drives that they would make or some made for computers that are hooked into a network.

Member #
    Friends
    0376-6435-4668-9489
    damnit its not the fact nintendo that we can just put it back on and start off where we left it takes hours...days....to reaplay all that music is always the same, games artn..damnit damnit damnit
    dissapointed

Member #
    Friends
    5431-1607-7668-3461
    Nintendo could have done so many things right for it's more hardcore audience and once again we're left in the dust. Ahh well... I'm glad I got a 360.
    "My Pokemon brings all the nerds to the yard. And they're like, "You wanna trade cards?" Damn right, I wanna trade cards. I'll trade this, but not my Charizard."

XBOX 360, PlayStation 3 and Nintendo Wii owner.

Member #
    Friends
    1606-9696-7776-6446
    Quote Originally Posted by Nintendo93
    Nintendo could have done so many things right for it's more hardcore audience and once again we're left in the dust. Ahh well... I'm glad I got a 360.
    Nintendo was right when it said it would make a great second console.

Have my heart set on a 360 and Halo 3. Just came back from a LAN party and did surprisingly well. Metroid Prime beefed up my Shooting skills hahaha.
    Nothing would make me more happy than slaughtering bad guys to the music of Dream Theater.

Its not the fact that we're not getting expanded memory, but all the other things nintendo is doing to lure in the casual audience while slowly pushing away the more Hardcore people. Of course they have hooks to keep us on the line with them. Like SSBB. Those clever bastards.
    EA Persona: JohnPetrucci
    BWii FC: 210 568 264 047 PM me if you add me

Newest Wii Purchase: Wii Zapper/Links Crossbow Training, Super Mario Strikers Charged

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    5207-2685-9420-8549
    With the launch of Wii Ware titles coming up, it looks like the memory will be stretched even further. Let's hope they get their act together soon regarding this issue.

Member #
    Friends

Ads