LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1
    WiiChat Member wiiwillroc's Avatar
    Member #
    37166
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    5
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

    wep key help! please!!!!!!!!!!!

    I bought guitar hero 3 couple days ago and i need a wep key for Wi-FI.
    I cant change it because you know folks might get mad but how do i figure it out?


    Thanks!,

    wiiwillroc

  2. #2
    Don't believe his lies. KyleForMe's Avatar
    Member #
    7999
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    IL, USA, Earth, Milky Way
    Posts
    345
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    5710-8093-1849-3803
    The "wep" key is whatever you have set it to be on your wireless router. If you have no wireless router then you need to either:
    leech off of a nieghbor,
    Buy a wireless router (need a pc to setup),
    Buy a DS/Wii usb wireless network dongle,
    Buy a l.a.n. adapter that plugs into the usb ports on your wii (requires a free ethernet cable)

    This all may just be as confusing as "wep" to you, just ask further questions if so.

  3. #3
    SSBB Name = JAA! phillepino's Avatar
    Member #
    35184
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    SACTOWN
    Posts
    735
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    5481-6878-4567-7796
    you can figure it out by asking ur parents duh lol


    and if they dont know...

    ill go in further details ~

    i need to know ur router model though
    Super Smash Brawl FC : 2921-8748-2416
    Location : California, US

    Are u from the west coast and do you play 2v2?
    Add us and other people who play 2vs2 as well from this thread:
    http://www.wiichat.com/pacific-west/...westcoast.html

  4. #4
    Missing the Prime manufan15's Avatar
    Member #
    28312
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,628
    Friends
    8
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Sometimes the WEP key is printed right on the router, so check your router to see if it's there.
    "For remember, fear doesn't exist anywhere except in the mind"

  5. #5
    WiiChat Member Taero's Avatar
    Member #
    408
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    357
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by manufan15
    Sometimes the WEP key is printed right on the router, so check your router to see if it's there.
    Incorrect :S Wired Equivalent Privacy or Wireless Encryption Protocol is basically a password to stop randoms jacking it from vans/next door without your permission so I would highly doubt that it was written on the router as standard seeing as how it's up to the user to add a password.

    What you need to do is go on the 'main' computer that is plugged into the router and then google "What is my ip" the first link will tell you that computers IP address, just copy that into the address bar and nothing else and hit enter.

    This will bring up your router, it may ask for a password but not many people set it (I know we don't in my student house or at home, it's pointless) so just try hitting enter. When you get in look for an option that says WLAN, click that then click settings, somewhere on that list it should say "WEP" and a string of letters and numbers, this is the WEP key your game needs.
    Owned: Wii, Sports, Play, LoZ:TP

  6. #6
    WiiChat Member wiiwillroc's Avatar
    Member #
    37166
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    5
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    TY SOOOOO MUCH TAREO


  7. #7
    WiiChat Member Taero's Avatar
    Member #
    408
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    357
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    No problem, if you need anything else just PM me. Have fun.
    Owned: Wii, Sports, Play, LoZ:TP

  8. #8
    Waluigi's #1 Fan! FRuMMaGe's Avatar
    Member #
    8705
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,966
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    2482-6460-3144-9934
    Quote Originally Posted by Taero
    Incorrect :S Wired Equivalent Privacy or Wireless Encryption Protocol is basically a password to stop randoms jacking it from vans/next door without your permission so I would highly doubt that it was written on the router as standard seeing as how it's up to the user to add a password.

    What you need to do is go on the 'main' computer that is plugged into the router and then google "What is my ip" the first link will tell you that computers IP address, just copy that into the address bar and nothing else and hit enter.

    This will bring up your router, it may ask for a password but not many people set it (I know we don't in my student house or at home, it's pointless) so just try hitting enter. When you get in look for an option that says WLAN, click that then click settings, somewhere on that list it should say "WEP" and a string of letters and numbers, this is the WEP key your game needs.
    Actually, most of the time the default wep key is on a label on the router.

    -=Join The Waluigi Fan Club=-

    Spoiler Alert!



    52 Members and still growing!


  9. #9
    Missing the Prime manufan15's Avatar
    Member #
    28312
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,628
    Friends
    8
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by FRuMMaGe
    Actually, most of the time the default wep key is on a label on the router.
    Thank you. Mine is printed right on it. You don't even need to do what he's talking about most of the time.
    "For remember, fear doesn't exist anywhere except in the mind"

  10. #10
    WiiChat Member wiiwillroc's Avatar
    Member #
    37166
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    5
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Lol a lil' mini war is going on in my thread.
    Lovin' it.

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Search tags for this page

hero3 wht is the wep key

Click on a term to search for related topics.