Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Don't believe his lies. KyleForMe's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    5710-8093-1849-3803
    When I mentioned using a can of air, I meant through the front slot--not by opening it up.

I have to do this on my Xbox for this very same reason, and it always solves the problem of a noisy drive. But of course I'm not so protective of my xbox since I could easily install a new dvd-rom.

I would recommend using something to keep the slot cover opened (like part of a pen cap) while you blow some air in there from a foot or so away. If your planning on sending it to nintendo if nothing else works, this would be pretty much your only option without being invasive.

Don't believe his lies. KyleForMe's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    5710-8093-1849-3803
    Quote Originally Posted by unluckylink13
    My Wii does the exact same thing.
    I also got my Wii at launch and I've taken great care of it.
    Never dropped it or anything, but it just started making that noise, only when a disc is inserted.

I'm just going to send my Wii into Nintendo, 'cause it also seems to have online issues.
    Sorry to double post, but I just wanted to remind you all that technicians are usually not that delicate. In some cases they work on so many consoles, so they work quickly. Would you really want someone dissecting your Wii if there was indeed nothing wrong with it?

On the other hand, if your trying to eventually get yourself a replacement free, then I can understand.

Member #
    Friends
    0554-8372-1002-5500
    Quote Originally Posted by KyleForMe
    Sorry to double post, but I just wanted to remind you all that technicians are usually not that delicate. In some cases they work on so many consoles, so they work quickly. Would you really want someone dissecting your Wii if there was indeed nothing wrong with it?

On the other hand, if your trying to eventually get yourself a replacement free, then I can understand.
    Well, I could fix the noise if I used your solution, but I wouldn't be able to fix the wi-fi. I know it's not my router, as it used to work perfectly before, and it still works for my DS.

After all, it's free to send it in, and they've done wonders on my old consoles, so I'm fine with it

Thanks for the advice, by the way

current obsessions::
    Kingdom Hearts
    Fish

Member #
    Friends
    Well I called Nintendo, and told them about the issues. They said I will need to send it in for repairs, no costs involved hurrah.

Member #
    Friends
    If the Wii starts to makes a lot of noise when a disk is in you are best off sending it off to Nintendo for repair before the warranty tuns out.

Mine started making a buzzing kind of noise with a disk in. I thought it was just Mario Strikers as first but then disk errors started appearing and eventually no disks would work at all.

Lucky i sent it off when i did as it was still under warranty (only because of the extra 90 days) and should be back just in time for Super Mario Galaxy.

Member #
    Friends
    0554-8372-1002-5500
    How long was your warrantee?
    Cause if it's a year warantee, it shouldn't be any problem, 'cause it came out on November 19th, so...

I'm thinking of sending mine in, 'cause blowing the air duster didn't work a bit x_x

current obsessions::
    Kingdom Hearts
    Fish

"And the food? Good?!" BigORhyme's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by unluckylink13
    Well, I could fix the noise if I used your solution, but I wouldn't be able to fix the wi-fi. I know it's not my router, as it used to work perfectly before, and it still works for my DS.

After all, it's free to send it in, and they've done wonders on my old consoles, so I'm fine with it

Thanks for the advice, by the way
    The Wi-Fi on my Wii appeared to be screwed up... I would try to connect, sometimes with a good connection to my router and not get past the login screen.
    Bought a USB Wi-Fi adapter, hooked that bad boy up to my laptop and the problem was solved.
    Maybe it will help you? I managed to get a refurbished one for 30 something and it's worked like a charm for me.
    I tend to get on around 8 o'clock PM Eastern time, and mostly play until I get too drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by King Lain
    "...and not just any challenge, I want to face you in the nude!!!!"
    Strikers FC: 356595-967869
    Name: Big O

The Carolina Panthers are: 6-9
    Next week: at Tampa Bay ()

Ads