LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    mine fell off of a dresser, stereo and xbox. a total of like 1 meter (3 feet) and it still works. i was playing paper mario and my dads dog walked in and caught the controller wire and it got pulled down
    it still works though

2. Ads

The man with authoritah! aznricyboy's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    4295-3131-8869-3560
    Well I am gonna get my dad's old LCD sometime soon...
    he promised he'd help me move it on the weekend, but he's really lazy. I can't rely on him.

Anyways, I sorta tested my Wii on his TV. The black flickering lines were still there, but even less noticable. It's weird, because I imagined that a larger TV will blow up the black lines even larger. Hmmm...
    "Suicide is bad...you could DIE!!!"

Member #
    Friends
    sent mine off on monday and they got it today. i will let you know if they actually replace it or not, as long as they fix it i dont care. the dude on the phone said they would most likely replace it. didnt mean to sound like they were definitely gonna. either way it is still free

Member #
    Friends
    4295-3131-8869-3560
    Quote Originally Posted by martian
    sent mine off on monday and they got it today. i will let you know if they actually replace it or not, as long as they fix it i dont care. the dude on the phone said they would most likely replace it. didnt mean to sound like they were definitely gonna. either way it is still free
    Do you mean "replace" as in the internal video hardware, or the actual Wii itself? Because if they actually just give you a new console, doesn't that mean that all your memory is erased?

I don't think it's worth it, if that's the case. Like I said, it's not very noticable, just bothersome.

Member #
    Friends
    4295-3131-8869-3560
    OK, I'm thinking of calling them tomorrow.

But do you know how they'll react to a thirteen-year-olds voice? I haven't exactly gone through *cough*puberty*cough* so my voice hasn't cracked to sound lower yet. Would they say "do you have an adult at home that I could talk to?"

And I have two problems with that: 1.) I don't like being talked down to like that. I'm a nerdy Asian kid, and I know a lot of technical terms. A lot more than the average college student. 2.) My mom knows nothing about electronics; she treats them like they're cursed. My dad knows quite a bit about that stuff actually, but he never likes talking to those technical guys. He thinks that they don't know what they're talking about. And maybe he's right. He also hates shipping things.

But his alternative idea is to a.) open up the Wii, thus voiding my warranty, and fixing the problem himself. b.) getting a new one, meaning that I will have to re-add all my friends, make all my miis, download every VC title I have, and miraculously recover all my game save data without an SD Card. As you can see, I'm in a bit of a predicament here.

Member #
    Friends
    the guy on the phone said that if they did have to replace the wii they would transfer all my data and miis to the other one. he said the only thing is once they transfer your miis you wont be able to edit the ones that are on your wii you would have to erase the ones you want to change and remake it. so you wont lose anything including game save data or vc games.

Member #
    Friends

all fixed

I just got my Wii back from Nintendo yesterday. The problem is fixed and they reset my warranty. It came back with a different serial number so i'm not sure if its a brand new console or if they had to put a new one on since they opened up my original. that really doesn't matter though because those lines are gone and i'm happy.

Member #
    Friends
    4295-3131-8869-3560
    Quote Originally Posted by Pingis
    I just got my Wii back from Nintendo yesterday. The problem is fixed and they reset my warranty. It came back with a different serial number so i'm not sure if its a brand new console or if they had to put a new one on since they opened up my original. that really doesn't matter though because those lines are gone and i'm happy.
    That's good news!

My dad is finally considering sending it in. But he says he won't do it till after the holidays, because chances are, there are gonna be loads of broken Wiis being sent in. He's afraid that if I send it in now, I'll never get it back.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by aznricyboy
    That's good news!

My dad is finally considering sending it in. But he says he won't do it till after the holidays, because chances are, there are gonna be loads of broken Wiis being sent in. He's afraid that if I send it in now, I'll never get it back.
    Dude, No worries if you send it in now. I sent mine in one the 7th and got it back on the 14th. Nintendo is really fast and they pay for everything. Just contact them and they will give you a prepaid shipping label to print out.

WiiChat Pwner ^^ wii_girliefairie's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    8635-5610-1628-7030
    Quote Originally Posted by aznricyboy
    *cough*puberty*cough*
    oh my god. *stabs eyes with a fork*

I'm a Rising star, In this forum.
    ~Join the Zelda Fan Club (ZFC)~
    Spoiler Alert!

Ads