LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8288-8038-4521-3885
    well that sucks mine just started doing it and i have had it the day it came out so it has been over a year so i doubt they still fix it but i can call and see but i bet i will have to pay for it

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    0043-8297-5222-0219
    You mean something like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtWcFPW__aY <-0:15

Yeah better call Nintendo

Currently Playing: Zelda-Twilight Princess

Member #
    Friends
    i've knocked mine over once and its fine. I'm suprised that knocking it over once can break it. I mean seriously, is a vertical console. its bound to be knocked over...
    SSBB FC: 1547-4946-7686
    A response to "Wii - DVD Compatible?"
    "I put a PS3 disc in it and the Wii wouldn't read it. WTF is this world coming to? If I buy a video game console, it better take and kind of media I want. Even if I were to dust off some of my vinyl LPs, the bastard better work."

Member #
    Friends
    I have this problem as well. I had never been on this forum before and was glad to hear that I am not the only one with this problem, and also sad to hear that my wii is broken. Will have to call Nintendo and see what they can do for me. I think mine broke due to WiiConnect24.

The man with authoritah! aznricyboy's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    4295-3131-8869-3560
    Quote Originally Posted by Canuck
    You mean something like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtWcFPW__aY <-0:15

Yeah better call Nintendo
    THANK YOU SO MUCH! I thought nobody on this board had a clue what I was talking about, and their problems were much more severe. Turns out I was wrong. I guess I'm not the only one then.
    "Suicide is bad...you could DIE!!!"

Member #
    Friends
    4295-3131-8869-3560
    I did some research, and it turns out a lot of people actually do have this problem. It's caused by the Wii overheating, usually if you use WiiConnect24. The overheating damages the video hardware, causing those black lines to appear.

The problem is, the I just got off the phone with a guy at Nintendo. He acts like he never heard of such a problem before (I'm pretty sure I described it accurately). I kinda expected him to say, "Yeah, we've had a lot of people calling about this issue before." So my Wii still has to be under warranty. I've heard that some of yours got repaired, they resetted your warranty, some of you didn't need a warranty, etc. The thing is that 1.) I'm not sure how long my warranty lasts. My dad's the one who bought the Wii. As soon as I took the console out of the box, he stowed the warranty away with the box, so I have no idea whether it's one year, two years, or what. I think it's still valid though, since I only got it in May. 2.) He doesn't even have a friggin' idea where the stupid box is. He says, "Uhhh, I think it's in the garage...I'll get it out some time." For all I know, he could have thrown it out, being the organizer he is. That would mean that I'm stuck with a Wii without warranty. Like driving a car without insurance.

Member #
    Friends
    just got mine back today and its fixed lines are gone. the only thing is it took over 2 weeks. they had to replace the main circuit board but was way worth it.

Member #
    Friends
    you dont need the warranty for your wii cause when i called i had no idea where i had put my receipt but nintendo knew when and where i bought it, i just had to give them the serial number, so when you call they can tell you if its covered.

Member #
    Friends
    4295-3131-8869-3560
    Thanks a lot guys! I just set up my repair, and they said that the UPS label will arrive in about a week.

Member #
    Friends
    Looks like i'm going to have to give Nintendo a call.. Mine started doing this tonight as well.. kinda sucks.. I had to send my DS in for repair and it sucked having to wait for the shipping label to come in the mail... I with they did what other companies like Canon does and send you the label via Email so you can print it out yourself and get it out faster! Oh well.. we'll see how it goes I guess.

Ads