Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    The man with authoritah! aznricyboy's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    4295-3131-8869-3560

Black Flickering Lines...

Here's what happened:

My little cousin and I were playing an intense game of Smash Bros, when suddenly he got a bit too wild with his controller and yanked on it. My Wii tipped over sideways and landed on the dressertop (yes, I have it set on top of a dresser).
    I didn't think it was anything serious. I mean, it didn't even fall to the floor. But as I reset it to look at the damage (yes, don't worry, I yelled at my cousin), I notice that there are faint, black flickering lines in various places on the screen in the Wii Menu. It's barely noticable, but when I play games with a bright, solid colors, such Super Mario Galaxy or the Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (by solid, I mean mostly one color, ie: SMG, when you are in the Ghostly Galaxy and go to that weird realm with the green clouds. Loz: TP, when you go into a dungeon and look at a cave wall), they seem to divide my TV into "columns", like there are black little lines running vertically down my TV.
    It's not very noticable; there has to be a lot of motion to really point it out. But it still bothers me. Yet, I don't think it's even worth sending in for repairs. I doubt the people will even notice the damage. So is there a way I can fix this by myself? Could it be a problem with the component cable? Can I just buy a new one? Could it be my TV? I haven't noticed the black lines until the incident though.
    Please tell me possible solutions.
    Last edited by aznricyboy; 11-22-2007 at 07:27 PM.
    "Suicide is bad...you could DIE!!!"

2. Ads

My Wii: January 16th 2007 Flamefury8's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0848-7705-1108-1338
    I never heard of such a thing. I think it might be your TV. Try your Wii on another TV if you have one and check if the same thing happened.

Member #
    Friends
    i need a little help too, i just moved and a moving company packed our stuff up and shipped it, so i unpacked my Wii and set it up. Well now i have the same issue with black lines showing up on screen, they flicker and come and go, anyone have any advice??

Member #
    Friends
    4295-3131-8869-3560
    Quote Originally Posted by Flamefury8
    I never heard of such a thing. I think it might be your TV. Try your Wii on another TV if you have one and check if the same thing happened.
    I'm pretty sure that's not the case.
    Before the accident, my Wii was connected to our living room big screen TV. Then, I moved it to my room, and I'm positive that those black lines didn't show up until the incident. I guess it's worth a try though, except it's a pain in the neck to unhook the Wii from my TV. All the cables go behind my desk...

Member #
    Friends
    Try hooking iy up to a different tv or contact nintendo. their # is in your wii booklet somewhere.

Member #
    Friends
    i have the same problem and never dropped my wii or anything. i also just purchased a new tv and still have the lines so i dont know whats wrong, i cant find any help online.

Member #
    Friends
    I just started noticing these lines as well. I've had the Wii for about 7 months now and didn't have a single problem with it while using a 42 plasma. I just bought a 32" Sharp Aquos and now I see these lines all the time. At first I thought it was the tv but the ps3 and xbox 360 look great. I tried with both the regular av cables and the component.

Member #
    Friends
    good news to you guys who have this problem, i called nintendo today and they said it sounds like the wii is starting to go bad. i only had mine for three months. as long as you havent opened your wii to mod it you can send it back if you had it a year or less. i even lost my proof of when i bought it and they knew when and where i bought and are paying for everything to ship it. best costumer support ever. they said they will replace all my virtual games and miis and save data on a new wii. hope this helps

Member #
    Friends
    4295-3131-8869-3560
    Quote Originally Posted by martian
    good news to you guys who have this problem, i called nintendo today and they said it sounds like the wii is starting to go bad. i only had mine for three months. as long as you havent opened your wii to mod it you can send it back if you had it a year or less. i even lost my proof of when i bought it and they knew when and where i bought and are paying for everything to ship it. best costumer support ever. they said they will replace all my virtual games and miis and save data on a new wii. hope this helps
    It sounds a little too good to be true...

but heck, I'm desperate. I'll try it. Thanks for the info.

Member #
    Friends
    I just got off the phone with nintendo. they said nothing is for sure and that I should send in the console anyway. they will be paying for the shipping so that's good news at least. he sounded like he didn't know what he was talking about so that made me worry. hopefully they can fix the problem and not send it back with the same problems.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Ads