Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Wii Transport?

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

Wii Transport?

I'm having a hard time figuring out how to transport my Wii. Sure, I know all about the messenger bag, G-Pak, PG Case, etc., but do those REALLY hold everything you need? A full Wii for me complement consists of:

1 Wii and its cords
    4 Wiimotes
    4 Nunchuks
    1 Zapper (So far)
    And a game case that holds all the games instead of individual cases.

Now, because Best Buy had a sale on Wiimote holsters, I now can carry all 4 Wiimotes outside of their respect carrying bags along a custom strap that I plan to stitch onto any bag I get, a la MOLLE style (http://www.marsgear.com/images/products/v-mop.jpg , basically, a bunch of straps that you can further strap stuff to, making it modular). However, this Zapper I have gives me the most issues. It certainly isn't easy to carry around in any sort of bag, and carrying it in your hand can easily get you in trouble due to its firearm-like shape, so that's out of the question. Should I get a PS3/X360 case instead? Those seem roomier for everything.

Please advise a confused Wii-fan!

Member #
    Friends
    6352-8868-3020-2426
    Go find a box....problem solved!

Seriously, that's what I use

Sig by Close
    Old one by Idjut

~Join The Tingle Fan Club (TFC)~
    9 Members And Growing!

-=:Join the 1st Church of Ramen (1CR)

Member #
    Friends
    Armor-plated? Cardboard? Oh, the possibilities!

What size box? =3

Member #
    Friends
    6352-8868-3020-2426
    Quote Originally Posted by Compass
    Armor-plated? Cardboard? Oh, the possibilities!

What size box? =3
    Cardboard and whatever holds your stuff

Sig by Close
    Old one by Idjut

~Join The Tingle Fan Club (TFC)~
    9 Members And Growing!

-=:Join the 1st Church of Ramen (1CR)

Member #
    Friends
    7500-4049-1798-0971
    WTF !!!! Mount up Private Pile.... That's a little much...hahaha.
    HAPPY HOLIDAYS FROM Dubb's Wii

a sig designed by FRuMMaGe
    Dubb's Wii : 7500 4049 1798 0971
    Guitar Hero 3 Code : 210570817462

Member #
    Friends
    I just use my laptop backpack. It's padded and nicely carries all of my accessories -- although you apparently have a lot more than I do

Member #
    Friends
    where do you plan on taking it that it would need that much protection...
    a cardboard box would be fine if your just gonna carry it somewhere... nintendo stuff is pretty durable.
    SSBB FC: 1547-4946-7686
    A response to "Wii - DVD Compatible?"
    "I put a PS3 disc in it and the Wii wouldn't read it. WTF is this world coming to? If I buy a video game console, it better take and kind of media I want. Even if I were to dust off some of my vinyl LPs, the bastard better work."

Member #
    Friends
    6069-2332-3129-0150
    I do the same as scholar80...I use my laptop bag.

Member #
    Friends
    I've looked into the pro gamer box and others like it, and I have to say it just doesn't cut it. Right now, I'm using a free small laptop bag that I got at a conference. BUT, I'd never just throw my Wii in the bottom of that bag!

I've taken aircraft filter material which is soft and cut it to spec fitting exactly inside the bag. Next, I cut a spot out for each of the pieces I wanted to transport. In this case: the console, nunchuck and remote and sensor bar. The outside has a flap where I store the wires and 3 cases of games. I lined one side with toolbox lining that's been tacked to cardboard for rigidity, and on the other side I have more foam to create a complete shell.

Now I don't know about you, but I hate the idea of someone knowing that I'm carrying a Wii, so I'd rather do away without a logo'd item like the sling bag or carrying case. My current plan is to take a metal case that holds cameras, strip out the interior, replace the foam, and have a locking case that not only looks like just another briefcase, but looks like it was made for it. Think the pro gamers case on steroids! Another idea that may work is a case for a musical instrument like a small trumpet or even a poker chip case. Anything that's deep enough and wide enough will work.

As soon as mine is completed, I'll be taking pictures. Hope that sends you in the right direction! If you get a case on eBay, I don't see why it can't be economical and cool to build!
    Inveniemus Viam Aut Faciemus
    "We find the road or we make it."

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by twilightx
    I've looked into the pro gamer box and others like it, and I have to say it just doesn't cut it. Right now, I'm using a free small laptop bag that I got at a conference. BUT, I'd never just throw my Wii in the bottom of that bag!

I've taken aircraft filter material which is soft and cut it to spec fitting exactly inside the bag. Next, I cut a spot out for each of the pieces I wanted to transport. In this case: the console, nunchuck and remote and sensor bar. The outside has a flap where I store the wires and 3 cases of games. I lined one side with toolbox lining that's been tacked to cardboard for rigidity, and on the other side I have more foam to create a complete shell.

Now I don't know about you, but I hate the idea of someone knowing that I'm carrying a Wii, so I'd rather do away without a logo'd item like the sling bag or carrying case. My current plan is to take a metal case that holds cameras, strip out the interior, replace the foam, and have a locking case that not only looks like just another briefcase, but looks like it was made for it. Think the pro gamers case on steroids! Another idea that may work is a case for a musical instrument like a small trumpet or even a poker chip case. Anything that's deep enough and wide enough will work.

As soon as mine is completed, I'll be taking pictures. Hope that sends you in the right direction! If you get a case on eBay, I don't see why it can't be economical and cool to build!
    a sax case might work...
    I wouldn't use a instrument case. They are rather expensive and are probably really hard if not impossible to modify because they are designed to protect a multi hundred dollar instrument.
    SSBB FC: 1547-4946-7686
    A response to "Wii - DVD Compatible?"
    "I put a PS3 disc in it and the Wii wouldn't read it. WTF is this world coming to? If I buy a video game console, it better take and kind of media I want. Even if I were to dust off some of my vinyl LPs, the bastard better work."

Ads