LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

WARNING TO all wii owners

Hey everyone, i wanted to give you all a heads up on a wii system screw up. Many wiis are quite silent when playing games and won't bother you remotely while playing. But i had a launch day wii and about 6 months in it has begun to make a much louder hmm (disc spinning). I thought nothing of it. Then last night i tried to play wii sports, and disc error appreared . I thought that had the error because the disc was pretty scratched up. So i decided against trying again wii sports again and wait to get it cleaned the next morning (every other game was working fine up to this point). So today i play MoHH2 for maybe 10 mins this morning and battalion wars2 about 20 mins then went to church. After church i went to get wii sports polished, so most scratches are removed and i went home to try it out.

So i pop it in and i hear its regular loud hum, then it give me the disc read error. "Oh well i thought, what a horrible back up plan to play Mohh2 "
    So i put that in then it freezes 3 times in a row. So then i call nintendo the lady is friendly and runs me through the trouble shooting. After that, she tells me to put in bwii2. So i do it runs fine. But then she say i should send it in for repair or for a fully new one. So theres my story, so if your wii begins to hum excessively loud, or sounds like it is trying to launch into orbit be forewarned that you might want to get the laser check.

I wish quiet peacefully playing wiis, and put in some hours for me!
    I have strikers PM if you wanna play
    Brawl FC: 373791872330
    Bwii FC:184798481849
    EA Nation Persona: skytrooper21

Member #
    Friends
    I think mine is a little louder than it used to be but it works fine. Do Wii's have a crappy disk drive or something?
    Wii games: Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3, Resident Evil 4, Zelda TP, SSX: Blur, Excite Truck, The Godfather, and Mario Kart Wii
    PC games: Call of Duty 4, Halo 1, UT3, F.E.A.R., and The Orange Box.
    PS3 games: Ratchet and Clank F.T.O.D., Resistance 2, Wipeout HD, and MGS4.

Playing is Believing blankconnection's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    7027-9716-3519-4570
    mine is loud but I have no problem with it

If I my post helped you click on the GREEN MUSHROOM .....wait nevermind choose for yourself

Member #
    Somewhere... over the rainbow... (actually, New Jersey)
    Friends
    8439-4149-2660-5864
    hmm.... my wii is pretty loud, but it's been like that for a while. It's not a launch day wii, though... Thanks for the heads up!
    If you want to add me in Brawl, PM me that you're going to (and include your brawl name and friend code). Also, PM me if you delete me, so I can delete your name, too. I need space, ya know.
    FC: 2707-1312-0571
    For anyone who added me in Brawl and deleted me because it still said "Awaiting Registration", please re-add me. It just means we both haven't been online at the same time.

Member #
    Friends
    7072-6720-4419-1341
    I bought my Wii from a friend who got it the day of its launch (all he does is play Halo, so he didn't have use for it anymore & knew I wanted to buy one), so thanks for the heads up!!! Knock on wood, I haven't had this problem...

Member #
    Friends
    0376-6435-4668-9489
    actually mine once broke about 2 weeks after christmas.... i thought my little brother shoved a gamecube game in with the call of duty 3 already in there...i couldn't pop any disc out or in...eventually, we had to send it to nintendo. they r4eturned it, everything worked fine...except for the constant click clack tack sound

edit: my dad waited 14 hours in line for my wii the day it came out, he said he was at a party thingy with my my mom...so yea, its a launch day wii, even though i didn't get it until christmas and my dad gave it away (same thing when i got my gc) by letting me open a game my uncle (same uncle both times) gave me but he "thought" the game would work with my old system....my mom was so pissed
    Last edited by oxhaker; 11-25-2007 at 02:32 PM.
    -=Join the Waluigi Fan Club (WFC)=-

~Join the Zelda Fan Club (ZFC)~

"And the food? Good?!" BigORhyme's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    My friend has a launch Wii that's been working fine so far... mine's not a launch Wii, and it's always been a bit loud but it's running fine.
    I tend to get on around 8 o'clock PM Eastern time, and mostly play until I get too drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by King Lain
    "...and not just any challenge, I want to face you in the nude!!!!"
    Strikers FC: 356595-967869
    Name: Big O

The Carolina Panthers are: 6-9
    Next week: at Tampa Bay ()

Member #
    Friends
    5659-7990-6562-7139
    Ouch talk about the christmas blues....... Don't ya hate it when you know what your getting for christmas but have it until? I'd rather not know alltogether.
    Every King and every Empire will one day fall before the feet of Time.....

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    My Wii is king
    Not a sound, On some parts of Metroid yes, It must be really pushing that power haha
    Always cool, I have the best Wii ever

Lauch day in UK from GAME

No Longer Have A Wii

Member #
    Friends
    7190-3324-3845-8331
    I thought mine was loud once when playing LoZ:TP, but I think it was just me...I was playing late at night and I think it just seemed loud. Hopefully this is not a common problem, it would be a major blow to Nintendo's Rep and then PR would have to work hard to smooth things over. I hope everything works out for you all right

Wii, 2 Remotes, 2 Nunchucks, Classic Controller, Wii Sports, Wii Play, Zelda: TP, Resident Evil 4, Metal Slug Anthology, Guitar Hero III
    VC: Mario Bros, Mario Bros 3, Ninja Gaiden II, Sonic 2, Shinobi III, Soldier Blade, Blazing Lasers, Devil's Crush, Lords of Thunder, Harvest Moon, Super Metroid, Castlevania IV, Zelda: Link to the Past, F-Zero GX, Street Fighter II: Turbo, Axelay

Ads