LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

HELP URGENTLY NEED INFO on Wii

Hi all - please please hope someone can help me - I have from Ireland and a friend of mine's son has asked for a Wii for Christmas from Santa - they are not to be got in Ireland at all this year - all stock has been sold out . My husband is in the US on business trip and i need to know if he brings one back from the US can be used in Ireland? think there might be an issue with input or output or something - I am really hoping there is someone on here who can help - and also roughly what does the console cost in the US? thansk in advance

Member #
    Friends
    The Wii is region locked, meaning that if you buy a US Wii, it will NOT play the Wii games sold in Europe. You would have to import games from the US.

Member #
    Friends
    thks for that

Member #
    Friends
    you will have to also buy a new power adapter, or use a step down converter, i have a US wii in the UK, works great cause they charge to damn much for games in the UK.

Member #
    Somewhere... over the rainbow... (actually, New Jersey)
    Friends
    8439-4149-2660-5864
    so basically...

All games in the US has some kind of blocking thing. If you buy your Wii in the US, the games from the US will work on it. European games, however, hates US Wiis and will NOT run if you run it on a US Wii.

BUT I'm pretty sure the Wii itself will work (US or European in the US or Europe). Just don't buy games from Europe if you but a US Wii.

-Damascus
    If you want to add me in Brawl, PM me that you're going to (and include your brawl name and friend code). Also, PM me if you delete me, so I can delete your name, too. I need space, ya know.
    FC: 2707-1312-0571
    For anyone who added me in Brawl and deleted me because it still said "Awaiting Registration", please re-add me. It just means we both haven't been online at the same time.

"And the food? Good?!" BigORhyme's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    You could get the Wii chipped, but that's frowned upon, and also has the added benefit of voiding your warranty. It may be best to wait to find a Wii in your home country, but If you need one by Christmas, get ready to import.
    I tend to get on around 8 o'clock PM Eastern time, and mostly play until I get too drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by King Lain
    "...and not just any challenge, I want to face you in the nude!!!!"
    Strikers FC: 356595-967869
    Name: Big O

The Carolina Panthers are: 6-9
    Next week: at Tampa Bay ()

Ads