Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    1969-8791-4704-2042
    Quote Originally Posted by dedpoet777
    for those that cant get the update, try holding down the power button till it shuts off and for like 4-5 seconds afterwards. then try to update it.
    Do you mean it says if u don't want to perform this update turn of ur Wii now or after I see it won't update turn it and then try?

\/\/ii'd Out For Life dedpoet777's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0792-2476-6769-9631
    Quote Originally Posted by wikkiddavi
    Do you mean it says if u don't want to perform this update turn of ur Wii now or after I see it won't update turn it and then try?
    just whenevr the wii is turned on, try turning it off that way and holding the button after it goes off for about 5 seconds. i read somewhere that this will sometimes fix updating problems. not sure if it works though.

i know if you hold the reset button down for 15 seconds, that it will restore the wii back to factory settings. im not sure if this deletes game info or not, but i would assume so. if you want, before you try it, back everything up to an sd card.

i have not done either of these things though, so try at your own risk.
    \/\/ho's Got

Wii: Super Mario Galaxy, Zelda:Twilight Princess, \/\/ii Sports, \/\/ario \/\/are, Tiger \/\/oods:07, \/\/ii Play, Super paper Mario, Prince of Persia, Game Party//-//3 Remotes, 2 Chuks, Retro Skin
    DS:Zelda Phantom hourglass, New Super Mario Bros, Tetris DS, Brain Age, Brain Age 2, Touchmaster, Big Brain Academy, Mario Kart DS, Castlevania:Portrait of Time//Retro Skin, Switch&Carry Digital Camou Case.

Member #
    Friends
    1969-8791-4704-2042
    Quote Originally Posted by dedpoet777
    just whenevr the wii is turned on, try turning it off that way and holding the button after it goes off for about 5 seconds. i read somewhere that this will sometimes fix updating problems. not sure if it works though.

i know if you hold the reset button down for 15 seconds, that it will restore the wii back to factory settings. im not sure if this deletes game info or not, but i would assume so. if you want, before you try it, back everything up to an sd card.

Thanks ill try the 5 second thing in the morning.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by wikkiddavi
    Thanks ill try the 5 second thing in the morning.
    Hey wikkiddavi - did the 5 second thing ever work? I got my family a Wii for christmas, and after a few back and forth adjustments have the wi-fi connection working through my router and am able to download the weather and news channels with no problem but for the last 3 days when I try the system update, it will just hang for about two minutes with like 1% updated and then gives the 32004 error saying that it's the wifi connection. I cant' beleive it really is since the router is still working and the kids DS's still work fine.

Tonight for the first time it appeared that it was maybe 20% updated and then gave the same error and stopped but the news channel was still fine.

-rocktaxi

Member #
    Friends
    I am having the same problem. My Wii made it to about 20% the first time and the last 4 or five times have been at 1%. I was think of buying a network cable adapter for my Wii to see if it would work, but I think it may
    be a bad idea. You would think if you can check the weather and news it
    would update. The problem may be that Nintendo server can not keep up
    with all the Wii sold that are needing updated. If you find out anything that
    would help please let me know.

Member #
    Friends
    i am to but it doesent even get that far it goes for about half a second and then 32007 comes up

Member #
    Friends

I tried both and neither worked

Ads