LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
    Let the Wii pwnage begin. sarasota's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

If you're having a Wiimote problem...

Just a story here, I got Medal of Honor 2: Heroes the other night, was SO hyped to play......put it in, and my Wiimote instantly screwed up.......I noticed this barely on other games, but it made MOH2 IMPOSSIBLE to play....jumping around when I got to the right side of the screen, pointer disappears, etc.........of course, first thing i think, resync.......so I did, both remotes, same problem........searched the message boards, nothing, so resync again to be sure, nothing. Because MOH relies on precise pointing (as opposed to Tiger '08 or something) is was impossible to even play the game.

So then I spot something, and do a quick test.....CHRISTMAS TREE LIGHTS......the tree is next to the TV, on the right side....we've heard that neon, etc interferes with the Wiimotes, but so do christmas lights apparently. I turned them off, and wham, game played perfectly, and I became the proud owner of a sore hand due to 5 hours of straight online play, awesome awesome game

So, if anyone else is having this problem with a Wiimote, and you have a Christmas tree near your Wii, try turning it off, might be the problem

T

vote for me....Wario! wario2ooo's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0162-6929-7214-8876
    whoa!......interference?.....that never happened to me before

-goes and looks for christmas lights-
    SSBB= 2664-1935-2379
    Guitar hero 3= 283602180394
    Strikers FC= 236458-134911
    PBR CODE= 1678-1299-6385
    PKM FC=1847-8145-3579
    Guitar Hero WT: 000189824665
    TvsC: 4082-6902-6467

need help with anything, pm me
    I'm back....and bored

Member #
    Friends
    4903-5557-1975-7728
    I had interference one day last week, the window curtains were open and the Wii-mote was going crazy, I'm guessing, due to excess light.
    As night came, Wii-mote was much better...
    Wii 4903-5557-1975-7728
    MSC 210574 043593

Have:
    Big Brain Academy, DDR: Hottest Party, D-K: Barrell Blast, Dewey's, Legend of Zelda, Mario Party 8, Mario Strikers Charged, Mario & Sonic, Metroid Prime 3, Need For Speed: Pro Street, Rayman 2, Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles, Resident Evil 4, Rockstar Table Tennis, The Bigs, The Legend Of Spyro, Trauma Center: New Blood, Wii Sports, Super Mario Galaxy, Super Paper Mario

Member #
    Friends
    7762-3578-9261-4977
    i had the exact same problem. i seriously thought i had broken my sensor bar or something because it worked fine until i got to the left side of the screen, which is where my tree is. i finally realized it after a few days. of buying a new sensor bar and stuff that it was the tree. ended up having to move it down. lol

Member #
    Friends
    2482-6460-3144-9934
    Quote Originally Posted by sarasota
    Just a story here, I got Medal of Honor 2: Heroes the other night, was SO hyped to play......put it in, and my Wiimote instantly screwed up.......I noticed this barely on other games, but it made MOH2 IMPOSSIBLE to play....jumping around when I got to the right side of the screen, pointer disappears, etc.........of course, first thing i think, resync.......so I did, both remotes, same problem........searched the message boards, nothing, so resync again to be sure, nothing. Because MOH relies on precise pointing (as opposed to Tiger '08 or something) is was impossible to even play the game.

So then I spot something, and do a quick test.....CHRISTMAS TREE LIGHTS......the tree is next to the TV, on the right side....we've heard that neon, etc interferes with the Wiimotes, but so do christmas lights apparently. I turned them off, and wham, game played perfectly, and I became the proud owner of a sore hand due to 5 hours of straight online play, awesome awesome game

So, if anyone else is having this problem with a Wiimote, and you have a Christmas tree near your Wii, try turning it off, might be the problem

T
    This is a well known problem. It is in the Wii instruction manual

-=Join The Waluigi Fan Club=-

Spoiler Alert!

52 Members and still growing!

Ads