LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

I'm Glad the Wii Cant Play DVD's and MP3's!!!!

I'm GLAD that the wii cant play DVD's and MP3's.

Nintendo are stricktly for gaming and nothing else, is that so bad? I mean we have DVD Players to watch movies, and computers, mp3 players ect for music.

Unlike Sony and Microsoft X-Box, they do use DVD players and Music and Games which is ok but it focuses away from the gaming.

I hope that the Wii never does attach DVD and Music Playback because then they'll focus away from the True Meaning of their company of Nintendo.

GAMING

Thanks,
    D4L_Wii
    The Crashsphere

CRASHSPHERE

(c)RASHSPHER(e)'s I HAVE A WI!!.
    With : WiiPlay, Sims 2 Castaway, Need for Speed Pro Street, Metroid Prime 3 and Guitar Hero 3........

WHAT BREED IS THIS DOG!!!! PLEASE HELP ME, PM ME PLEASE - FOR A BETTER PIC, PM ME AND ILL GIVE YOU A LINK TO IT

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    5295-8320-2788-9441
    i agree with u but i dont think dvd playback would distract nintendo from gaming. but the reason why im glad theres no dvd playback is because the fact that the price for a wii would be higher. plus, playing dvd's in ur consel(s) wears it out. i used to play movies all the time on my ps2 but it just stopped reading ALL types of discs after 5 motnhs

Favorite Wiichat Members: Leve, CyanRussel, Wario2000, Frogger, Marioman, Mushroomed, SSBB_Lover, Axtlar, Brawny, and balrogs.pa

Smash Bros Brawl Friendcode: 3222 5243 1228

[SIZE="4"]PM me if you have added me

Member #
    Friends
    8853-1952-9704-6115
    I actually don't think the price of the wii would have gone higher at all. But, Nintendo is a business and understandably wanted to make the most money they possibly could selling each console.

Thanks Star Striker for the sig.

Support the Third Parties!
    Buy Zack and Wiki
    and
    No More Heroes

Member #
    Friends
    5295-8320-2788-9441
    ^of course the price wouldve been higher. im not sayin like 70-90$ higher, but it would at least be 20$ higher

Favorite Wiichat Members: Leve, CyanRussel, Wario2000, Frogger, Marioman, Mushroomed, SSBB_Lover, Axtlar, Brawny, and balrogs.pa

Smash Bros Brawl Friendcode: 3222 5243 1228

[SIZE="4"]PM me if you have added me

Member #
    Friends
    8853-1952-9704-6115
    No it wouldn't have. Nintendo never had any plan on releasing the wii at a higher price than $250. And, putting in DVD support wouldn't have done much to change their minds. (Worse case scenario the price would have been $220 and they got rid of Wiisports)

Thanks Star Striker for the sig.

Support the Third Parties!
    Buy Zack and Wiki
    and
    No More Heroes

Member #
    Friends
    The Wii can play MP3s...
    Pokemon Diamond: Name:Sif FC:3952 3555 4891

Now Trading 1st, 3rd, & 4th gen starters, Phione, Rotom, Porygon, Dratini, Kecleon, Feebas, Castform, Tyrogue, and anything else I can breed.

Member #
    Friends
    Mp3's would at least would be nice .

XboxGamerTag=IQuickReflexI

Strike=Have

X-Mas Wish List :
    PlayStation 3,Call of Duty 4,Guitar Hero 3(w/ 2 Guitars)Assassin's Creed(Mayb),Oblivion,Ps3 Control.

PSN ID : Mc_Evan

Let the Wii pwnage begin. sarasota's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    I agree wholeheartedly about the DVD thing.....all that would do is drive up the cost and therefore the retail price of the unit (don't think it wouldn't, for those above, it's simple economics, Nintendo isn't going to give us a piece of additional hardware for free, that's all there is to it, cost per unit goes up, retail cost goes up), and as everyone and their momma has pointed out, the number of households in this country with NO DVD player is very low, we don't have to have one on the Wii too.

Now, is it nice to have the HDDVD and Blu-Ray capability on the 360 and PS3 respectively? Yes, and it's a big feature for those consoles in my opinon. But again, the number of people with an HDDVD/Blu-Ray player pale in comparision to the number of people with a standard, dedicated DVD player.

MOHH2 Persona: BCKaptKrunch
    Games Pwned (Sorry, Owned): Medal of Honor Heroes 2, Super Mario Galaxy, Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition, Madden '08, Mortal Kombat Armageddon, Rayman, Rayman 2, Trauma Center, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, Tiger Woods '08, Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Need for Speed Carbon, Dance Dance Revolution, Wii Sports

WiiChat Writer
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0409-5781-9484-0073
    Quote Originally Posted by TiwazTyrsfist
    The Wii can play MP3s...
    They don't, they took it out and replaced it with the crappy formatted AAC. And yes, I would love to have a DVD player on the Wii or MP3 formatted, why can't we? The reason the price tag was only $250 was because of the features it provided. A crappy HDD, useless updates, horrible online, and more which I don't feel the need to list.

Xbox Live: RivalDestiny
    PSN: RivalDestiny
    Wii FC: 0409 5781 9484 0073

Get The Funk In The Car! RadNad's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by sarasota
    I agree wholeheartedly about the DVD thing.....all that would do is drive up the cost and therefore the retail price of the unit (don't think it wouldn't, for those above, it's simple economics, Nintendo isn't going to give us a piece of additional hardware for free, that's all there is to it, cost per unit goes up, retail cost goes up), and as everyone and their momma has pointed out, the number of households in this country with NO DVD player is very low, we don't have to have one on the Wii too.

Now, is it nice to have the HDDVD and Blu-Ray capability on the 360 and PS3 respectively? Yes, and it's a big feature for those consoles in my opinon. But again, the number of people with an HDDVD/Blu-Ray player pale in comparision to the number of people with a standard, dedicated DVD player.
    Also people are just starting to catch on with 1080i/p HDTV which they then would want to buy HD DVDs/Blu-Ray movies for as well and maybe get a seperate HD Player or either pay 250 (can't be bothered to convert, doing homework ) for a video games console devoted to gaming and can play movies becomes very costly after a while.

I can't make sense of what I just wrote...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Ads