LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

Should i be getting a SD Card?

Hey, should i be getting a SD Card for my wii? What do you really need them for anyway? Also, bcause you attach it on to the front, can you shut the plastic front so it doesnt stick out???? Either explain or pictures of it in the wii....

Thanks
    D4L_Wii
    The CrashSphere

CRASHSPHERE

(c)RASHSPHER(e)'s I HAVE A WI!!.
    With : WiiPlay, Sims 2 Castaway, Need for Speed Pro Street, Metroid Prime 3 and Guitar Hero 3........

WHAT BREED IS THIS DOG!!!! PLEASE HELP ME, PM ME PLEASE - FOR A BETTER PIC, PM ME AND ILL GIVE YOU A LINK TO IT

Member #
    Friends
    You don't really need one.

It is possible to copy your game-saves and downloaded VC games to one, but the Wii has enough internal flash memory to store all that, for awhile at least.

The only time I've ever used the SD card slot is to view photos from my camera.

The card goes in far enough that the little door in front of it can still close.

Waiting For Tomorrow largedarry's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    8861-8821-7046-6197
    You also don't need to buy one until you're system memory starts getting full. The price of SD cards drops almost every 2 months, and if you buy one now and don't use it, you might feel like you got ripped off. I purchased a 512MB 6 months ago (an extra one for my camera) for $20, then I was looking in a christmas flier and there were 1GB on for $20.
    "There are many causes that I am prepared to die for but no causes that I am prepared to kill for." Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi

"I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am."

Quote Originally Posted by LiquidD
    I wish everyone would read the damn manual instead of posting a post about a dumbass question like the one asked in this thread.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by largedarry
    You also don't need to buy one until you're system memory starts getting full.
    And even then you technically don't need one, since you can delete VC games to free up space, and then re-download them later without having to pay again.

Ads