LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

wii accessories questions

ok I just got my wii a few weeks ago and I'm just curious what is the best thing to buy for it? Should I waste my money and buy all wii remotes and nunchuks? or can i still play games using wii controllers? I have my friends gamecube controllers but do they work with regular games?
    help!

Member #
    Friends
    You will want atleast one more wii-remote and nunchuck, for VC games your GC controller should work for a majority of the games. As far as that get a good game or two.

Member #
    Friends
    3517-9799-4262-2418
    Quote Originally Posted by kabooki19
    ok I just got my wii a few weeks ago and I'm just curious what is the best thing to buy for it? Should I waste my money and buy all wii remotes and nunchuks? or can i still play games using wii controllers? I have my friends gamecube controllers but do they work with regular games?
    help!

i'm not 100% sure what you're really asking... are you looking for just general accessories that are reccommended or controller reccommendations?

kyle

I am fast. To give you a reference point, I'm somewhere between a snake and a mongoose. And a panther.
    ~Argue for your limitations,and they're yours...
    -Feel free to add my wii and send me a message and i'll add you back
    -Mario Strikers Charged: 442495 403215
    -MoH: H2 Persona- DexterMorgan114

Member #
    Friends
    3099-0319-5478-2979
    Firstly Gamecube controllers only work with Gamecube Games and some Virtual Console games. The only Wii games that use Gamecube controllers are some ports like Resident Evil 4 etc. and new games coming out like Brawl.

Your best bet if you like or plan on downloading a lot of Virtual console titles is to buy a classic controller.

Also, having an extra set of Wiimotes and Nunchucks isn't a bad idea, so long as you want to play multiplayer games.

CantGetAWii
    ProudWii60Owner

'I don't want to go back, I want a new day & age.'

Retired Moderator-[PM]

Brawl FC: 4682-8172-0512 [PM for add]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumn0ob
    So all we have to do to become mods is be online all time I can do that on break which is now

Member #
    Friends

Re: Can't get a Wii

For a person who cant get one they sure are absolute about their information. Joking. GC controller works on port 1 only but it still does work for VC. NES originals can be used via the Wii-mote. Genesis can be used with Classic or GC on port 1. Same with other systems. My stuggestion remains the same. Pickup an exta controller and nunchuck. Then get games that should get you started fine. I will add absolutely do not buy the cheesy little slip overs that make the Wii mote look like a golf club, tennis racket, etc. They do little in helping accuartely replicate the feel of the real thing.

Ads