LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

Just got Wii for Xmas and having problems

Hello all. Im new to these boards and obviously new to the Wii. I am having a problem with the Wii right out of the box. It seems that the disc drive is broken. When I first went to put in Wii Sports, the disc went in and then ejected making a grumbling type noise. The second time i put it in it got stuck. I was able to get it out but now when i got to put the disc in it wont take it. its as if i would have to jam it in to work and nothing comes up. Will i have to call nintendo tomorrow or is there anything you guys and gals recommend? thanks and i really appreciate all of your feedback!

2. Ads

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    4253-4708-4555-0363
    Are you putting the disc in correctly? Make sure the side with the picture is facing to the right (--->) for it to work. If you are putting it in correctly then call Nintendo to get it repaired. They have great customer service.
    2008 Jaguar XKR Portfolio

WiiChat Auto Enthusiast

Forum Moderator - [PM]

Member #
    Friends
    yes, i am putting it in correctly. the first time i put it in, however, i put it in the opposite way. the console spit it right back out though. now...it wont let me put the disc in. you have to basically force it in. if i dot have to send it to nintendo, will it be swapped for a new one or will it have to be repaired?

Member #
    Friends
    8853-1952-9704-6115
    Wow, there's a lot of bad luck today with the wii disk drive. I can't personally explain it. I guess reset and replug the wii in. If that doesn't work, you're going to have call Nintendo tomorrow (As they are closed today)

Thanks Star Striker for the sig.

Support the Third Parties!
    Buy Zack and Wiki
    and
    No More Heroes

Member #
    Friends
    6069-2332-3129-0150
    If you end up having to call Nintendo, they will probably replace the disk drive, not the whole console. They're support is great though so its not a huge deal!

Ads