LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

Wii and HDTV compatability

I have a Samsung LCD television which I'm playing my new Wii on (xmas present), does anyone know if Samsung televisions have the right ports/scarts etc to make my Wii playing experience High Def?? The picture quality is already pretty good but if it can be improved even more why not. Any thoughts guys?

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    I think I read somewhere that the Wii is not HD compatible as it only supports 480p.

Someone who knows will chime here I'm sure.

Member #
    Friends
    2878-9257-8140-1234
    Quote Originally Posted by moffifox
    I have a Samsung LCD television which I'm playing my new Wii on (xmas present), does anyone know if Samsung televisions have the right ports/scarts etc to make my Wii playing experience High Def?? The picture quality is already pretty good but if it can be improved even more why not. Any thoughts guys?
    Yeah the Samsung TVs have the right ports and everything for the HD cables the Wii uses. Like the previous poster said the Wii supports 480p but that doesnt really qualify as HD but itll improve the picture quality alot.

Thanks for the sig, gidget!

Gamertag: D1nner
    SSBB Code: 2878-9257-8140

Peach Smash Guild Member

Working on L4D Achievements 49/50 PM if wanna play

Member #
    Friends
    I own a Samsung HDTV and our Wii is hooked up by component cables instead of composite cables. It improved the games graphics significantly.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Anything is better than composite, except for an RF connector. I use S-Video and it looks a lot better than composite. I'm told the difference between S-Video and component is minor though, so if you only have S-Video it's worth going for that at least.
    Quote Originally Posted by Napalmbrain (Moderator)
    Even if we can somehow keeps this place moderated, eventually the webhosting is going to lapse or something like that, and I doubt i0n's going to be around to fix it. So basically I'm encouraging everyone to migrate over to Link Removed
    Quote Originally Posted by FR. (Moderator)
    i0n just lost interest in this website. And, since no forum can run without an administrator, this forum is basically doomed. Everyone might as well join somewhere else, because if i0n doesn't pay vBulletin, the site will shut down.

Member #
    Friends
    0554-7647-3242-2709
    Quote Originally Posted by sremick
    Anything is better than composite, except for an RF connector. I use S-Video and it looks a lot better than composite. I'm told the difference between S-Video and component is minor though, so if you only have S-Video it's worth going for that at least.
    S-video and component is a minor difference? S-video is stadard def, whereas component is high def...

Proud Wii-S3 owner
    PS3: Guitar Hero III, Heavenly Sword, Lair, Oblivion, Resistance:Fall of Man, Motorstorm, Skate
    Wii: Call of Duty 3, Excite Truck, Mario Party 8, Red Steel, Sonic & the Secret Rings
    SSX Blur, Super Mario Galaxy, Super Paper Mario, WiiPlay, WiiSports, Zelda: Twilight Princess
    PS2: FF-X and FF-XII, Gran Turismo 4, Gretzky NHL '06, Guitar Hero II, Jak & Daxter, Ratchet & Clank, Shadow of the Colossus, and Sly Cooper
    DS: NEW Super Mario Bros. and Pokemon Diamond

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by Jorge
    S-video and component is a minor difference? S-video is stadard def, whereas component is high def...
    In context. We're discussing the Wii here. Since the Wii is not high-def, that advantage doesn't come into play.
    Even if we can somehow keeps this place moderated, eventually the webhosting is going to lapse or something like that, and I doubt i0n's going to be around to fix it. So basically I'm encouraging everyone to migrate over to Link Removed
    i0n just lost interest in this website. And, since no forum can run without an administrator, this forum is basically doomed. Everyone might as well join somewhere else, because if i0n doesn't pay vBulletin, the site will shut down.

Member #
    Friends
    0554-7647-3242-2709
    Quote Originally Posted by sremick
    In context. We're discussing the Wii here. Since the Wii is not high-def, that advantage doesn't come into play.
    I understand, and honestly (on the Wii) there is probably only a slight difference in picture between an RF modulator and component cables. The only reason I have a set of components is because I have an HDTV and I got a killer discount on cables from a previous job.

Proud Wii-S3 owner
    PS3: Guitar Hero III, Heavenly Sword, Lair, Oblivion, Resistance:Fall of Man, Motorstorm, Skate
    Wii: Call of Duty 3, Excite Truck, Mario Party 8, Red Steel, Sonic & the Secret Rings
    SSX Blur, Super Mario Galaxy, Super Paper Mario, WiiPlay, WiiSports, Zelda: Twilight Princess
    PS2: FF-X and FF-XII, Gran Turismo 4, Gretzky NHL '06, Guitar Hero II, Jak & Daxter, Ratchet & Clank, Shadow of the Colossus, and Sly Cooper
    DS: NEW Super Mario Bros. and Pokemon Diamond

Member #
    Friends
    I have a DLP and it looks so sexy!

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by Jorge
    (on the Wii) there is probably only a slight difference in picture between an RF modulator and component cables.
    Although it would depend on the size of the TV, I have to disagree. On my 36" CRT I can see a big difference between just composite and S-Video.

RF < composite < s-video < component

Ads